Carpet glue removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How are you guys removing that fuzz that is left on the floor when you pull the carpet up? I pulled the carpet out and that cotton like substance that they use for sound deadening left alot of fuzz on the floor. Since it seems to just be clued on I have thought about just taking some paint thinner and trying to disolve the glue. Maybe that and some simple green with a stiff scrub brush.

I've seen guys use a wire wheel on the grinder or drill to strip all that stuff up. might be worth a go.

it's not actually glued anywhere. Most of mine came up easily. Just where it had spills it was sticking (it being the jute), or possibly some of the tar may have melted and adhered to it.

I just removed my carpet and tar mat. I used a wire wheel for the leftover jute, and dry ice/hammer for the tar mat.

depending how much sticks - could be a real pain. Before using anything harsh - maybe try some simple green?

rob

The glue is made out of old gummy bears and jolly ranchers. Hot water, simple green, and a wire brush worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom