FJ55 Carpet and Vinyl Kits - CLOSED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TJ and ALL,

Would you like the cargo section to include the back of the seat as well?

Option A -- cargo and back of seat as one piece.
Option B -- cargo and back of seat as two pieces.
Option C-- JUST A CARGO LINER

J

Great question! I was thinking if you did still want this piece I was going to go run over to the local farm and ranch and try to get a piece of rubber flooring I could trace this on. I was also thinking of getting a piece to cover the back of the seat, b/c when we go to the drive-in movies and fold the seat down, that metal back gets kind of tough to sit on.

I am not sure how well a one-piece design would work? I would think the rubber would have to be fairly thin to make the bend where the seat back goes up... If you have a design idea to make the one-piece work, great! In my mind, I was going to have to make a 2-piece...

Great question! I was thinking if you did still want this piece I was going to go run over to the local farm and ranch and try to get a piece of rubber flooring I could trace this on. I was also thinking of getting a piece to cover the back of the seat, b/c when we go to the drive-in movies and fold the seat down, that metal back gets kind of tough to sit on.

I am not sure how well a one-piece design would work? I would think the rubber would have to be fairly thin to make the bend where the seat back goes up... If you have a design idea to make the one-piece work, great! In my mind, I was going to have to make a 2-piece...

The 60 series is a one piece design (cargo and back of seat) and worked great for 30 years. The reproduction is the exact same (vinyl or carpet)

VINYL
20170205_152952.jpg

Carpet

IMG_2993.JPG

I just placed my order. I have 2 black loop carpet front and back seat sections ordered.

I still need a good cargo section to make a template from. If someone has a good one I will pay shipping both ways and then give you a new carpet section when they are ready. Even if someone can make me a template and send it to me.

Jason

Jason,

I believe I have a whole three piece set on the shelve I'm not using. Let me pull then down and see. You're more than welcome to use what you need.

Jason,

I believe I have a whole three piece set on the shelve I'm not using. Let me pull then down and see. You're more than welcome to use what you need.

R,

Since I don't have a piggie I need someone to check the cargo section for a nice fit. If it is a good fit I'm interested in it to make a template. Most have shrunk over the years and won't work for my needs.

Please let me know and thank you for the offer.

J

if I were closer to the wagon carcass, I'd be cutting some cheap carpet for you right now...I'm sure these guys will be boxing over who is going to be the one within a few more hours...bet you have your template by weeks end!

Here's the one I have. I can't lay it in mine due to mods. I will try and measure areas and if failing that, I can clean out the parts pig and try it in there. After thinking about it, mine wouldn't be a good one to measure for fitment, too much spray in deadener, etc. Looks like I'm cleaning the parts pig! :)

IMG_3170.JPG

IMG_3171.JPG

IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3173.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

Here's the best I can get. There's a gap down the cargo panel sides, but the panels aren't installed. The back corners where the little cut out is ( I'm guessing for the metal overlap in corner ) is not quite square, could be the wagon. Overall I think it's a great fit, after all it's a 55!

IMG_3176.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3178.JPG

Here's the best I can get. There's a gap down the cargo panel sides, but the panels aren't installed. The back corners where the little cut out is ( I'm guessing for the metal overlap in corner ) is not quite square, could be the wagon. Overall I think it's a great fit, after all it's a 55!

View attachment 1461026

View attachment 1461028

View attachment 1461029

Much nicer fit than mine! If you slide it towards the rear a little, does it fit around the fuel fill better?

Jason, let us know if you want to go with that. Otherwise I can lay mine out and measure the shrinkage.

Every time I type shrinkage, I think of George Costanza, "I was in the pool!"

i-was-in-bz8de3.jpg

I think you have to trim a tad on the other side of the fuel fill. I think the pad is perfect and the parts wagon is off. That said, when you put the panels on all will look good.

View attachment 1461026

View attachment 1461028

View attachment 1461029

Ron,

That is the best one I've seen. May I borrow it?

If so, I'll PM you my address and Fed Ex account number for shipping.

Jason

I just placed my order. I have 2 black loop carpet front and back seat sections ordered.

I still need a good cargo section to make a template from. If someone has a good one I will pay shipping both ways and then give you a new carpet section when they are ready. Even if someone can make me a template and send it to me.

Jason

How do I order a front and back seat set in black vinyl?

How do I order a front and back seat set in black vinyl?

I've already placed my bulk order, but will place another soon with the cargo sections once I get the template made and shipped to them.

Ballpark will be approx 2-3 weeks on new order and 30-40 day lead time on production.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom