Caroline Wheeling Jan. 3 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only a day trip. There are a couple guys interested in camping so for those interested in camping let me know and we can get a solid number of those wanting to spend the night.

I'm looking forward to some great trails and company. Think it will be great!

Made it home! After we left you guys, we slowly limped into Olds and got some gas line anti-freeze and a new fuel filter. We went to a friends and blew the line out to the tank and changed the filter and it ran like a top all the way home. I must have got some water from the premium fuel from GTI and it froze in the line once the sun went down and it got colder. Thanks for a great day!

Oh boy that looks cold! Looked like some nice running though, would have been nice to get out!
*thread jack* who deflared and lined the silver 80? I just have the holes plugged now but wouldn't mind cleaning it up.

Wow looks like a great day outing. I wanted to come but was tied up with family. Next time. Great photo's

sweet trip and some good pics!

Looks like a great, but cold, day wheeling! Thanks for posting those pics John.

Well, despite cold winter temperatures and poor road conditions we had a pretty decent turn out. Six rigs in total came out for the run. We headed out for the Bear Berry area and aired down the tires for the trails.

We made pretty good time on the trails with no problems and nothing really slowing us down on the trail. A few trees and a couple attempts at the snowy hills but other than that it was smooth sailing.

We decided to stop near an old hunters/trappers cabin for lunch near the end of the first trail. Got a fire going, although it didn't seem to put off much heat in the cold no one really complained. This is when Pascal showed up, I was in contact with him earlier in the day and he was running quite a ways behind. I told him which trail we would be on so he ran it in reverse to meet up with us.

We then headed for the second trail. Which had a lot more technical section that proved to be a little challenging. No one braved the big trench this time however. A little spotting and winching for some was needed but we still made short work of it before carrying on to the end.

All in all a great run. Only real carnage was Byron's passenger mirror that had his radio antenna go through it and make a small hole. Kevin had some fueling issues at the end of the day that required some handy vise grip application to limp into Olds for some minor repairs. Other than that it was all good. Hope to see you guys on the next run, cheers.

Full slide show is here. http://s199.photobucket.com/user/johnschultz/slideshow/Wheeling Jan 3 2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom