Carolina Relic Run 26-29 April (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2 big winners tonight out of our group.

Rob took down the 40 series gauge cluster courtesy of @beno and Bob won the brand new ARB Elements 12v fridge.

My cruiser won the Most Original award as well which was pretty cool since there were over 90 trucks here.

View attachment 1688534 View attachment 1688535
Congratulations, Patrick. He also drove it all the way there.
Though, a minor point of clarification for accuracy, there were about 90 40's at the run. Most, like mine were not in the running for most original.

@jcj_78FJ40, my 40 is fine. I just accelerated the installation of the fenders...

Hope everyone made it back safe and sound.
Another great time wheeling with old friends and some new friends.
Thank you ONSC for a great event.
Thank you all the peaple that helped with spaghetti and Taco night.

Hope everyone made it back safe and sound.
Another great time wheeling with old friends and some new friends.
Thank you ONSC for a great event.
Thank you all the peaple that helped with spaghetti and Taco night.
And to Lex and Patrick for their breakfasts.

Y'alls site still smelled like farts today. Do you put beans in everything you eat???
We leave a lasting impression... There wasn't a lick of trash though...

Yeah probably tacos, black beans and refried beans for dinner followed by egg sandwiches for breakfast was the wrong group meal order leading up to the raffle/shin dig.

Dang! Looks like you all had a blast. I hope to make one of these events some day.

Thanks to Stump for the tacos and beans - good fart material.

IT was a great weekend. Thanks to every one that helped me out. Trying to figure out a odd problem. From bleeding my clutch many times and the one fuel issue I had. Long Story
What I found/ Figured out on the ride home. truck ran good. 3rd gear wasn't that great at higher RPM. After leaving the group I got on 40 west and ran 12 miles at 70mph to my exit and got off the exit and went from 1-2 gear then nothing 3rd on. Finally got it back up to speed babying it. Went 10 miles or so hit the first big hill of the drive. gearing down 3rd went to crap. I could push the clutch in and motor ran fine. so I had to pull over. I couldn't even hardly pull out after that. popped the hood and no fuel in bowl. Hmm odd. So dropped into to 2 low and got it up to 35 and ran it the mile and half to the next exit where a auto zone was. Thinking in my mind on the ride there and talking with Jason Free JFZ80 that had the gray top off 45 truck who like lives a mile from where i was. Then it hit me Im running the fuel bowl dry once I have to down shift or go thru the gears and by the time I hit 3rd its dry. Could it be that simple. Now going thru my mind is it the fuel pump or the pick up in the tank or the carb. I got to the next exit to where auto zone is. Check carb and its barely in the sight glass. go in and bought a electronic fuel pump because fat chance of them having a mechanical pump. I also bought a fuel filter since its there I will replace it too. Get out and take the fuel filter loose and went to drain it in a water bottle nothing came out on the pump/carb side. Put the tank side in and it emptied. I blew on the filter and its clogged taking more than a few psi to blow thru. So put the new filter on and fired it up and bam fuel bowl is really high thanks to me bending the float higher. Drove a few back roads around where the auto zone was and checked the carb again and it was full.
We got back on the road and wow now I can run WOT thru 5th gear. Finished the drive home pulling the hills in 4th gear instead of 3rd.
So a clogged fuel Filter made the truck feel like the clutch was slipping. My clutch pedal still doesn't feel the best so master and slave will get replaced.

What a blast... thanks for putting up with me and letting my little 40 slow you guys down.

Unfortunately, on the ride home, Steve blew out one of my brand new seats... literally, his ass melted the brand new seat cover (and he didn’t even eat the tacos)!

Who are the guys with video camera gear?

They actually mic'd up Jeff. I wonder if that story ran that night.

They said they couldn't use the footage because Jeff ripped a big stanky fart during the interview :poop: :eek:

They actually mic'd up Jeff. I wonder if that story ran that night.
They said it would likely be next week. I'll stop back by and post a link.

But wanted to pop in and thank you guys for joining us this past weekend. It was our pleasure to have you come down to our neck of the woods. Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves and definitely looking forward to next year or even a joint club outing a little sooner. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom