CAROLINA RELIC RUN 2021 - Thanks for coming! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@jamesurq Do you all use Maprika? Or has anyone built a Uhwarrie map for the app? We have used it at Cove Campground (Gore, VA) and Rausch. It is pretty good and is crowdsourced for updates and trail ratings. Just a thought.

Someone needs to buy this and bring it to the event!
1995 JDM Land Cruiser Fire Truck

18A69840-0EF0-4D09-AD1A-0B8B1E1283DA.jpeg

Am I wrong, or were these available for like 10 grand less than this not that long ago?

24 large seems like a lot, unless you found some business/marketing, or an actual purpose for the fire truck..

$13K in Atlanta for this one

1620925012962.png

Someone buy that, bring it to URE and put that big hose and pump to use!

Someone buy that, bring it to URE and put that big hose and pump to use!
Set up a station area and charge $5/truck for a post-trail rinse down...boom...it's paid for itself in no time.

I was gonna say pump out the nasty soup bowl, but yeah that too. :)

It is older but that's still my favorite map. I think it's the easiest to follow and quick glance to pick out where you are.
Maybe it's time that ONSC puts together a new map that combines the official map with the unofficial map?

@FJCowboy is Maprika the one that shows where you are in real time using the map that @Stumpalama (or somebody from CLCC) uploaded for the Cove? I never remember if it’s Maprika or Maplets.
Turns out that the old, unofficial URE map is on both of those apps. The official Parks Sercice map is on one of them, too.

I liked using whichever app we ran at the Cove. It was quite accurate both there and at Rausch Creek (except for one small area).

That said, the small number of trails at URE means that the map there is most helpful for getting to the trailhead and moving around the service roads. We include a laminated map of the OHV system from the Park Service in the registration pack, but we also like to remind folks to pick up a map, for free, at the Outpost when they purchase their trail passes for the event - they’re on the wall by the door.

By the way, anybody concerned about getting lost at URE should just follow @apinti. History has shown that he has a 50/50 chance of only going about a half mile there before running out of time and turning around.

Maybe it's time that ONSC puts together a new map that combines the official map with the unofficial map?
I have always used the one on NC4X4. Easy to read with trail ratings, up and down directions, etc. Kind of cartoonish, but still the best URE ORV map out there. It is out of date, however. Kodak shows on the map. I still use it. Aside from Kodak being blocked, it is still pretty accurate.

badinlaketrailmapapril2.jpg

I have always used the one on NC4X4. Easy to read with trail ratings, up and down directions, etc. Kind of cartoonish, but still the best URE ORV map out there. It is out of date, however. Kodak shows on the map. I still use it. Aside from Kodak being blocked, it is still pretty accurate.

View attachment 2673913
Thanks @roadstr6 I'm going to try and combine all three and make them easier to read.

@FJCowboy is Maprika the one that shows where you are in real time using the map that @Stumpalama (or somebody from CLCC) uploaded for the Cove? I never remember if it’s Maprika or Maplets.
Turns out that the old, unofficial URE map is on both of those apps. The official Parks Sercice map is on one of them, too.

I liked using whichever app we ran at the Cove. It was quite accurate both there and at Rausch Creek (except for one small area).

That said, the small number of trails at URE means that the map there is most helpful for getting to the trailhead and moving around the service roads. We include a laminated map of the OHV system from the Park Service in the registration pack, but we also like to remind folks to pick up a map, for free, at the Outpost when they purchase their trail passes for the event - they’re on the wall by the door.
@JohnVee Yes, Maprika is the one we used at Cove and I've used it Rausch as well. Definitely helpful.

As I was reaching out to our sponsor list, I felt generous. I’m putting one of these in every drivers packet. 3” Velcro backed embroidered Reefmonkey morale patch
30D54533-1D8D-44EA-9468-28D2B953C2B5.jpeg

Good morning. We at Overlanderproject want to provide some raffle prizes. Who would I coordinate with? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom