Save the Date Thread - Carolina Relic Run 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So... can non-relics play too? Or is this strictly a pre-80 kind of thing?
And my leather is whipped, does Naugahide Emu count for luxury?

Last edited:
There will be a ‘car show’ style line up and an organized group ride that will focus mainly on the relics; but there will also be a ‘dress like the year your ride was made’ competition to include all years of Cruiser as well as dinner, ad hock wheeling or cruising, hopefully a few raffle prizes, maybe some training..... and lots of good folks.

@jamesurq I will volunteer for Vehicle Inspections, let me know if I can be considered. I have broken both my land cruisers at events so I may be driving my Camry there. Ha Ha!!

Travis Smith

Absolutely! We'll have a call for volunteers at some point I'll make sure you're on the list.

Could rigs manufactured in the early 90s be included?!?!

Could rigs manufactured in the early 90s be included?!?!
Didn’t you ask this same question last year?

E3FF4795-D31C-43A0-9C57-1AC1DF4E40DB.png

Last edited:
@jamesurq I will volunteer for Vehicle Inspections, let me know if I can be considered. I have broken both my land cruisers at events so I may be driving my Camry there. Ha Ha!!

Travis Smith

You can ride with me in The Bean.
I jacked it up three inches and put sliders on it, so I'm not nearly as worried about ripping the cats out from under it...I'd have to do something extra special to pull that off.

@Rusty Marlin I would love that. Of course it has to pass inspection to be allowed on the trails for and official ONSC/TLCA event. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks and I look forward to seeing the Bean.

A drop or two of oil/coolant/gear oil won't fail you. Shouldn't have any gas leaks at all though. If any fluid is actively flowing out of the truck you'll have a hard time passing.

Water, gas, brake lines are listed as inspected items.

Rustproofing is normal to me.....

If my 40 year old vehicle leaks, but leaks less than most the 40 year old people at the event, will it still pass?

Bless your heart honey, you're not far behind.

If my 40 year old vehicle leaks, but leaks less than most the 40 year old people at the event, will it still pass?
If you will be driving a 40 you should probably be more concerned with the parking brake than with leaks.

harsh! LOL

I know it, I'm just making noise. I'm planning on being there though hopefully between now and then I will be able to find some workspace to replace some suspension bushings and axle seals. Y'all took good care of me at Logan's run.

As a non relic 80 owner, I think the event needs to stay relic centered. I think if you start carving out events for us non relic guys, it will ultimately turn into a non relic event. I was on the disorganized outlaw run two years ago and it worked well.

New job has left very little time for fun this year, but I’m hoping to correct that next year.

I don’t even know why there is a discussion about this at all. The event is called RELIC RUN, it is meant to showcase older Toyota’s which we all love and at no point has the club said you can’t come to the event if you don’t own a relic.

As a non relic 80 owner, I think the event needs to stay relic centered. I think if you start carving out events for us non relic guys, it will ultimately turn into a non relic event. I was on the disorganized outlaw run two years ago and it worked well.

New job has left very little time for fun this year, but I’m hoping to correct that next year.
Absolutely. Most cruiser rides anymore seem like 80’s events so keeping the theme directed towards relics is a must. All the vehicles that don’t make the relic cutoff can just jump in on the outlaw run and many memories and good times will be had. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom