CAROLINA RELIC RUN 2020 - OFFICIAL INFORMATION THREAD *CANCELED* - (REGISTERED ATTENDEES CHECK YOUR EMAIL) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As of right now, we cannot legally have the event on the original date due to an executive order. We will likely postpone the event. That announcement is forthcoming.

THAT SUCKS!

As of right now, we cannot legally have the event on the original date due to an executive order. We will likely postpone the event. That announcement is forthcoming.

Suggestion would be to reschedule in May when they open up again and so it's not blazing hot. If its pushed to the fall I'm out for sure. Cant miss any college football!

Smart choice my dude.

On a side note can I order just a shirt from the event?

The fall time seems like the safest bet, they are predicting the peak of the pandemic to be the end of April. May might be cutting it too close. Summer is just to hot to camp and ride around in vehicles with no A/C.

That'll give everyone time to grow a badass mustache. Silver linings, bro.

That'll give everyone time to grow a badass mustache. Silver linings, bro.
Already got one of those, but it will give me more time to get my truck up to snuff.

Photo.JPG

This just in:

Due to North Carolina's Executive "Stay at Home" order (expiring April 30th), this year's Carolina Relic Run will be postponed to June 4-7th.
We will be moving BACK to Shadowlands (hot showers!) and OEX has confirmed training and Grand Overland private trail access will be ours for the weekend! We're also confirming access to Big Creek as well.

We suggest you hold off on any final decisions on attendance for at least a month. There may be changes that will affect your final decision.

Full refunds for registration are available now and up until May 4th. After that, only the raffle tickets are refundable. If you choose to cancel after May 4th, or are forced to cancel by law, you will receive a full refund on any purchased raffle tickets and your event shirt(s), morale patch/etc will be mailed to you.

Your safety is our main concern. The secondary concern is following the law as it it written. As such, certain aspects of the event may need to be modified to ensure we are following CDC guidelines. We will work to determine any necessary changes in the months to come. We are also exploring a 'virtual' attendance for those of you that cannot make it but want to be part of the event. Anyone willing to help work on setting up the live stream, please contact me directly to discuss. Look for details on that potential option in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, mustaches should be grown accordingly! Kids and grownups should get their costumes out, shine up or fix your relics and come and join us for a great weekend of fun!

I have to say, the whole David Crosby/ Wilford Brimly thing that 9780mop has going on is gonna be hard to beat. :)

C hinese
O riginated
V iral
I nfectious
D isease

C oronavurus delayed
R elic
R un

Happy the tough decision was made and looking forward to being at Shadowlands where we belong.

Dang! This sounds like a blast but I have military duty that weekend. If, for whatever reason, that is changed, when is the latest I can register?

Dang! This sounds like a blast but I have military duty that weekend. If, for whatever reason, that is changed, when is the latest I can register?
You can register online and on site up to the date of the event, as long as we don’t run out of room. Anything after May 4th you might not get the right size shirt or the patch/stickers... and raffle tickets are cheaper in bulk for anyone that preregisters online.

Pushing to June for me gives me a much better chance of getting my forty road/trail worthy to make the long death-wobbly journey from CLT... oh ya also gives me time to fix the rear shackle mount that snapped off two to three yrs ago at CRR. Very fired up to potentially be back in the mix after a long hiatus!

Stash Update:
I want you all to know that when it was clear that we couldn't have the event in April, I cut my facial hair. But when talk of postponement grew, and the calls for cancellation were silenced it awakened a new crop of luxurious fine spun fleece. This pelt of manliness has been adorning my face for a couple of weeks now and although it's no Tom Selleck, it's definitely fast becoming my wife's least favorite thing about me. I shall cultivate it as much as will allow. I hope you all will join me in growing your face fur, and hope that you will all see it in June. Just so you know, a full stash is as effective as a N95 mask.... I read it online so it must be true.

Grow on, staches. For in June. WE RIDE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom