Carolina Relic Run 2019 - April 25-28 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure after this weekend someone in Charlotte might be willing to stand in your driveway staring at it, drinking all your beer.... I mean help.

Had a long talk with my son this morning and there may be a silver lining to this dark cloud. I have been up and down about the CRR to many times in the past two weeks to make any rash promises. If I get there I will be there, if I don't show then something happened.

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure after this weekend someone in Charlotte might be willing to stand in your driveway staring at it, drinking all your beer.... I mean help.

Haha only 18 right now but I'm sure I'll take up that offer in a few years

I don't think he's of drinking age @fordoford. The problem is likely the pinion seal and the seal may have gone bad because of a bad pinion bearing. If it's just the seal, it is a cake job. If the bearing is bad, it becomes a ton of greasy grunt work and you will probably need to take it to a shop. Get under the truck and try to wiggle the front driveshaft where it attaches to the front differential. Wiggle up and down and side to side. Don't be gentle. You may need to disconnect the driveshaft at the front diff to get a good feel for whether there is excessive play. If it's tight and if you have not been hearing anything unusual going on up there, you might get by with just a new pinion seal. Take some pics and/or vids and upload to the Wrenching Thread and folks may be able to help diagnose.

I assumed it was the gasket, I thought the pinion seal was closer to the driveshaft which would cause it to not leak out the very bottom, but I am most likely wrong considering I've only been learning about these cars for a few months. I know the whole front axle was rebuilt by Trollholes a couple years ago so it seemed weird to me it would be leaking so badly after not much time. I'll put it up on TWT and hopefully get some advice. Thanks

Registered and departing shortly. Of note, there was only the option to add 4 kids under 17. I have 5, so just wanted to let you know as they can eat quite a bit! :hillbilly:

The eagle has landed.

42143842-0B1E-4A9C-8F6E-3F9EDFCEDB30.jpeg

I will be leaving tomorrow around 2:30 from Roanoke. Is there a road crew that can help in a pinch with various parts? I replaced the clutch master cylinder a few weeks ago and am just waiting on the slave to go out. Bought the adjustable one from NAPA for pick up prior to departure tomorrow...... Nothing but good times ahead!! I have a spare brake master cylinder, spare steering box, fuel filters, bearings and races. Fluids (for the truck and myself) and brake cleaner. SHould make it....right?

Had to turn around, will be there tonight

Oh boy oh boy we will be there in like 15 minutes

I am very happy to be a member of the ONSC! The BOD is a terrific group of people who work hard to put the CRR on and make it as good as it is. I can only see it getting bigger and better as the years progress. Here are some random photos from Sat.
DWS_0017.JPG

DWS_0030.JPG

Family friendly with wives, children and pets.
DWS_0021.JPG

I decided to go on the moderate trail ride and it was a little more moderate than I expected. And not without its share of events.

DWS_0022.JPG
DWS_0023.JPG
DWS_0024.JPG
DWS_0026.JPG

Here's the kicker! This is the second time it was in the hole, the first time it was towed out but promptly was driven back into the hole for a second try and had to be winched out. Fun times on the trail. If I can find the video from the first entry into the hole from my dash cam it will post it.

BTW The approach was some of the slickest mud I have ever encountered.

I decided to go on the moderate trail ride and it was a little more moderate than I expected. And not without its share of events.

View attachment 1963810View attachment 1963811View attachment 1963812View attachment 1963813

Here's the kicker! This is the second time it was in the hole, the first time it was towed out but promptly was driven back into the hole for a second try and had to be winched out. Fun times on the trail. If I can find the video from the first entry into the hole from my dash cam it will post it.

BTW The approach was some of the slickest mud I have ever encountered.
Uh dude, you need better tires. Street radials are not going to cut it!!

Negative, Ghostrider - - - I am pretty sure those are not street radials - its just that much mud in there. . .

- - I also just had to be your 1000th movie quote guy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom