*********Carolina Beach Memorial Day Weekend 2008******** (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wish I would have read this post last week!!! I was going to go Monday but I decided not to go. Let me know next time you head to CB.

Tim

Driving on the sand was not as bad as I imagined but many folks, even with their 4x4 managed to get stuck right at the entrance. Monday was the worst, when we were leaving, two vehicles were high centered at the entrance with traffic onto the beach backed up for half a mile.

Indeed the very worst was right at the entrance. One time I was coming back through the entrance* and almost put some Demello Offroad tattoos on the back end of a Land Rover. Moron went screaming up the hill then bumped to a stop and started backing up. I found my horn just in time to save his sorry a$$. Then he charged ahead again and as we proceeded he bogged down again and left me right in the deepest softest stuff. He got out but I had to lock up my rear and go through throwing huge sand roostertails. Then as we went up the beach he was boggin and slewing around in the ruts so I had to pass him charging through the softer stuff on the side. Land Rovers, phew!
*The reason I had to go out was to retrieve some rescue gear I had loaned some good ole boyz that were trying to pull a full size GMC p/u with a little Durango. They were stuck behind our camp. Dustin went back and advised them to air down. I loaned them my superyanker and some shackles, they were trying to pull the big truck with a chain, purt near to yanking some bumpers off. After they aired down and I taught them how the superyanker worked they managed to get on out. I could easily have towed them out but I thought it better to give some subtle rescue/recovery lessons with the experience. I followed them out to get my equipment back then had the dance with the Land Rover.

Fun weekend. Bonnie did great. I had replaced the Swampers with the original Dunlop street tires and never even aired down. What a truck.
We'll definitely make that trip again. Jeri wants to go back in October, that's her favorite beach month.
We'll make a thread when the time gets near.
Meanwhile next planned outing is another whee lurp run, probably Labor Day.
Or any other trail weekend anyone suggests. I'm missing it.
b

Last edited:
Hey, I just noticed. I'm a Mud addict. I guess I just went over some milestone.
Anybody know what that gets me? Do I have to join a 12 step program?
I'll post the same question on the UC board.

Yota on, troops.
b

Im glad you guys had a great time. Very sorry I didn't get to come down there and say hello. I locked my keys in my office all weekend, and everybody was out of town who could let me in.
Oh well, real glad to hear you guys enjoyed the beach.

Jeff

Im glad you guys had a great time. Very sorry I didn't get to come down there and say hello. I locked my keys in my office all weekend, and everybody was out of town who could let me in.
Oh well, real glad to hear you guys enjoyed the beach.

Jeff

We will do it agian soon, I just got a bunch of kiteboarding gear and will want to go camping and kiting up there this summer. I will keep the board posted.

Can I tag along next time you guys go back to CB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom