Carlos fj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes motor is stock inline 6 4.2liter...

Carb'd 2F's were 4.2's (no way that is in the 80)

3FE's were 4.0's
1FZ's were 4.5's

Only two US spec engines for 80 series

I only asked in the first post because it is possible that someone did some engine work.

Im wrong after closer look and a clean wipe of emmision sticker its a 4.0l inliine 6 3fe motor...
Im still saying it sloooow. I can read a book before 65 mph...then 100 miles later imputting 13 gallons of gas.. OCH. all for a hole 160+hp ...needs a ls5.3- 5.7-6.0:cheers:

There is very fine adjustmnts to steering and allignemt. when frist together caster was so for off we had death wobles at 40-45. aftre solving that we made sure pinion angle was cool. It seem realy close of a tape measure and level. debateing to install h/a asst before allinment.

Has anyone tryed to get there fully adustable links front an back done by th pros? where in socal longbeach

Thats funny ..sorry about that O.g CARLOSFJ..No clue there was already a CARLOSFJ....:confused:

Answers ..........10"sep at front axle no clearance problems yet.
8" sep at frame rail
42" adjustable to 46" all four bottom links
32" top front link
28" top rear link
both pan hard bar mounts i moved 2" up at axle.
Doing a H/a kit ...

Has any one tryed SLEE's front drive line? wondering if its a long slip and work on a 5+ lift

Thank you so much for the measurements! Out of curiosity, now that everything is dialed in, how long bolt to bolt is your lower link? I'm planning on making mine non-adjustable and I tend to use them as sliders most of the time. :whoops:

Thanks again! :cheers:

I would make one side, adjustable.Only because it makes allin. easyer and fine tuneable.
Front lower links are 42 1/2 bolt center to bolt center.

Hi jack:
Creeper are you going to still use your original frame, motor etc. and add the new body and three link it?

I would make one side, adjustable.Only because it makes allin. easyer and fine tuneable.
Front lower links are 42 1/2 bolt center to bolt center.

Thanks! My plan is to make the top adjustable. My rig is a trailer queen so I'm not too worried of getting the alignment perfect. Anything I do will make it better than it is now! :steer:

Hi jack:
Creeper are you going to still use your original frame, motor etc. and add the new body and three link it?

Correct. New (modified) body, maybe a drivetrain swap and 3-linked front.

/hijack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom