Carhartt Precision Fit Custom Seat Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Staton

SILVER Star
Threads
So for Christmas I ordered seat covers for my back seat. They finally arrived today. I saw someone post a pic of the front ones and they looked great. To buy the whole set is almost $800 so I had to choose and I always hated how my back cover fit as it was one of those one size fits all and was a singe piece verses top and bottom. Well, I have to say the worst thing about these after I got them installed is now I have to order the front seats asap. My front covers are not the worst, but really looking forward to a complete set.
Fj60seat1.jpg

FJ60seat2.jpg

FJ60seatfront.jpg

FJ60Pond.JPG

So a pair of front's is like $400? Do they come in grey? I need something for my front seats, that fitment looks great.

While I don't have any experience with Carhartt seat covers in the 60, over the years I have had them in my work trucks. I have nothing but good things to say for the fit, and especially for the longevity. They really wear well, and are machine washable if you happen to spill coffee , ketchup, hot sauce, etc. As my wife likes to remind me, I am "hard on my things", and Carhartt seat covers have held up well over the years for me.

And yeah, they aren't cheap, but I will have a set soon for the new to me pickup we just got.

I also have the same Cabela front seat covers. While they are fine for a non custom cover for the trail rig , and have held up well, they are not in the same league as the Carhartt's,

Just came from the Carharrt website. Looks like they offer two types of seat covers. The cheaper version appears to have limited versions available...no Land Cruiser option listed. Their PrecisionFit covers @John Staton shows above have many options and are more $.

...and they are available in a nice looking gray! Now I need some of these for my 62 and Tundra. :bang:

I had a Tuff Duck cover on the 62s driver seat for years, it finally shredded, very durable...BUT, talk about a sweat box seat cover. It had a nice canvas type cover but had a waterproof plastic liner that made it completely unbreathable = sweat!

John the carharrtts look to have their canvas type fabric with no liner, do they seem to be pretty breathable? I'm in swamp ass country too, just south of you.

So the fit is great and they are lined with a thin cushion as shown on the site. As far as breathability I have no idea and personally never ride in the back so wont be able to answer that until I get the front covers ordered. I just really like how form fitting they are. My seats are in great condition underneath and I didn't even have the usual front seat tear in mine when I purchased it. I did replace the front foam with SOR and want to keep everything in good shape.

On the installation- there are 6 straps that hook from the top of the back seat to the bottom and two velcro that go from side to side. As you know, the carpet in the back extends off of the back seat and straight into the back cab. To get these straps to go around the seat you are required to make cuts in the carpet as well as a plastic liner. Be carful to feel where you are going to make the cut on the underside as there are things like seat belts and a bar where the straps go and if you are not paying attention you could make an unnecessary cut or cut your belts. I used the same hot razor blade knife I used when installing new carpet so the carpet would be burnt/sealed where I cut it. I expect the front seats to be very straight forward.
PXL_20210129_170209727.jpg

Update....bought myself the front covers for my birthday!! Love the fit a lot better than the loose fitting cabella covers. These covers are expensive but more digestible in stages.
FJ60frontseat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom