Cargo Slider Windows>> Any thoughts...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dpw

Threads
Hi all,
I thought this would have been discussed already but I couldn't find much....

I'm considering installing the aftermarket cargo sliding windows into my 62 to make accessing the rear easier. This thought has come to mind more often ever since I added a rear tire carrier--I think my dog might appreciate it the most though.

Any thoughts on why not to do it? I feel like I've heard of some complaining about leaks but assume if the install is sound it'll be good to go.

Thanks,
dpw

Supposedly, SOR's 60-series sliders have been re-designed to address all those issues and the new ones have had very positive feedback. I plan to get a pair when SOR opens its walk-in window, again. No screens though, which is kind of a bummer if you want to sleep in the back and keep the flying nasties out.

I'd like a pair of the OE sliders, too, but they're very difficult to find in serviceable condition and usually have to be shipped from Oz with risk of glass breakage high.

I got my pair of OEM sliders from AUS on ebay for about $50 each plus shipping. They came via sea freight and took a long time and they needed a total rebuild but that is not a hard task now that its been fully documented ;). Of course the main downside with the OEM is if you break the glass you are truly SOL. With the SOR units I am guessing you can get replacements? I love my OEM units though. But weight the pros and cons of each.

This topic on this website has been discussed probably only second to suspension upgrades.....there is/are VOLUMES of info on this.
👍🏽Good to hear.
I’ll have to give it a closer look then.
Rgs,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom