Cargo Side Panels CAD Drawings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CAD drawing

I agree with phishincruisin as I got my 60 without the rear panels. It is pretty loud with the road noise coming through. I would love to get a .dxf file to give a shop to cut the panels.

dxf files

I agree with phishincruisin as a dxf file would helpp getting a set made. I got my 60 without the rear cargo panels so I have nothing to copy off of.

I agree with phishincruisin as a dxf file would helpp getting a set made. I got my 60 without the rear cargo panels so I have nothing to copy off of.

If I get some free time I might be able to make a cad file for you guys. It would be made off the replacement panels I built, so it may need some extra trimming, but at least it would get you close.

Are those Rear ABS Panels...?
Im thinking in using the same material... how thick are the panelsyou are using..1/4"?

Yes. 1/8 inch ABS.

Good luck

image-3064853494.jpg

Yes. 1/8 inch ABS.

Good luck

What did you use to attach panels? I thought about nutserts but like your fastening option better. Thanks.

Machinist: that would be awesome if you can help with CADs.

Anyone know where to get ABS/HPDE sheet in the Seattle area? I tried to source it online but shipping is steep!

Perfect, thank you

What did you use to attach panels? I thought about nutserts but like your fastening option better. Thanks.

Machinist: that would be awesome if you can help with CADs.

I'll try to get something drawn up, but don't hold your breath for a quick turnaround, my weekdays are busy from 6am to 11pm with school and work, and the next two weekends are being taken up by getting ready for and taking the first fishing trip of my season.

...other than that hangup, are there any specific things you need in the file, or are you just looking for a blueprint with dimension callouts?

Hey Machinist I will volunteer to re-engineer the side panels if you are busy. Which sounds like you are. I'm leaving my current job to a new job. So I have a two week wind down. Plus I'm installing Cruisercrap this weekend so I will have everything disassembled in the cargo area.

Do yourselves a massive favor and cut your abs/hdpe or whatever with a skill saw with a wood blade on it. 50 times faster than a jig and the lines wont look like crap...

D

I liked the panels in my 60 that when I got the 55 with the age/mouse damage I went ahead and made some new panels for it. I haven't installed them yet, but I'll share the interior pics once I do.

When sawing the ABS go very slow otherwise the blade heats up and melts the plastic. Also, I removed the interior plastic panels that cover the roof pillars for a more utility look. If you need to shape the ABS around the jack mount or wire loom, just heat it with a heat gun and shape it around the object.

Good luck!

image-3822648919.jpg

image-3920775355.jpg

image-718150235.jpg

image-622667233.jpg

image-2403107432.jpg

The Machinist;8495488 ...other than that hangup said:
Basic blueprint with dimension call outs should work. Primarily looking for outline and fastener hole positions and I'll through in an access door cut out depending on what door size I go with.

Thanks for you help and take your time; no rush on this end.

That is my 4RNR in post #9, there are speakers in them now as well. I used the old panels as a pattern and made a plywood template. I cut the HDPE to rough size with a circular saw and then cut the new panels with a pattern bit in a router, nice and clean.

I think that the reason there are no CAD files floating around is that this is so easy to do with just basic tools.

Gonna bump this thread as i was about to start a thread asking this exact question. I don't have cargo panels to be able to measure off of and I'd love to have my buddy cut some out of aluminum for me. Did anybody ever get around to making a cad file of the rear cargo panels? or tailgate panel?

Last edited:
If someone near Vancouver BC could get me a decent set of traceable side panels for a day, I could make the CAD files. Mine are too far gone to trace....

I just don't have the time right now to do it from scratch.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom