Cargo Area Carpet Removal Procedure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning fellow muders
With summer tome behind us , its time to clean the inside of the landy from beer spills, ketchup/mustard combo.
My cargo area carpet has seen better days and its time for it to be taken out and being washed .
With that does anybody knows how to remove the carpet in cargo area ?
Do I need any new parts like clips and etc. ?
Tank you

its pretty straight forward. remove the plastic plate that goes across the rear tailgate edge and all the little plastic surrounds for where the third row seats clip in on the floor of the cargo area and you can pull the carpet out.

thanx Ali
how do i pull the plastic cover by third row seat?
do i have to pull the cargo latches out as well?

if I remember correctly the little plastic surrounds are held on by a small screw and some just are clipped on, if you look closely you can easily see. Once you remove all of those and the rear plate which looks to be held on by 5 screws you can lift the edge of the carpet and keep lifting and it should just come right off. Latches do not need to be removed.

Heres a pic I grabbed online of what has to be removed.
Capture.JPG

Ali is correct, I had to remove the carpet after sinking my Hundy in a river...just pull those seat connector trim pieces up and there will be a couple screws you need to remove. If you look back in my earlier posts you'll see how I did it in order to dry it out.

thank you guys ,
@TheForger did u buy a snorkel for ur next deep water xing ;)? lol jk man , hows ur car running these days ?

@Ali FJ80 , ALL I NEED IS TO REMOVE THE SCREW ? SO I DONT NEED TO REMOVE ANY OF THE SIDE PANELS?

no you dont, when I did mine I did not remove any side paneling, there is enough room between the bottom of the panels and floor to work the carpet in and out without much issue. The plastic pieces I circled in the pic above is all that I removed. Once you get in there you will see its pretty straight forward.

Haha not yet but it's on my list! It's running great now, no issues since and I haven't had any signs of mildew or excessive rust. The carpet just tucks under the side trim about 1/2 - 3/4" so there's no need to remove it unless you plan on taking the entire carpet piece completely out of the car. That would require removal of both the middle and front seats as well as disconnecting the seat motor wiring harness.

^ I'm sorry that's incorrect. The cargo area carpet is separate from the carpet in the rest of the truck so complete removal will not require taking out any seats - just those few bolts under the trim pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom