Ford Carburetors? Autolite or Carter. Inline-6 Ford in Cruiser. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any experience with one-barrel Ford fuel systems?

Some of their straight-6s have similar displacement to Land Cruiser F/F.5/2F. Here are a couple of carbs that I find intersting Autolite 1100 and Carter YF

The first Land Cruiser carburetors were one-barrel. Two-barrel carbs Aisan on the Land Cruiser intake manifolds work great when it is warm; I don't have the stock Hot Air Intake or exhaust manifold heat riser. I'm sure that a one-barrel will straighten-out the fuel charge if you place it a bit outboard on the intake manifold (between the two barrels on a 2-barrel Aisan or Weber, and you will probably get less of a centrifuge to spin fuel droplets around, particularly going to cylinders three and four). If I can get a couple of adapters machined for this, and modify/fab the torque rod for throttle control, it could be an afternoon non-permanent/invasive, bolt-on experiment using the stock air cleaner. Unlike a Weber sandwich-type-adapter (plates), it would be just a block because the bolt patter for going to a one-barrel bolt pattern is so different. I wonder if this, bolted upside-down, will attach to the Land Cruiser manifold? The bolt pattern is so similar from LC to Weber, and they already have the holes notched for a couple of patterns? The Aisan doesn't bolt perfectly center on the air-horn/air cleaner, but, it might not matter getting an one-barrel in there and clamped-down / dust-tight.

Last edited:
Are you preferring the single barrel to a double barrel? I'm curious as to why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom