Carburetor work in town (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What did you want to know about the Rubies?

Well Dan, I’ve never been camping in your state. First opportunity. Heard about the hot springs on the east side of the Rubies from my desert friends. Then heard about the Rubies themselves from Danny (@ Solace in solitude) and potentially have a friend who wants to meet me there. So I was looking at things like camping facilities, hiking trails, etc. Danny PMed me some good info yesterday.

I’m so busy prepping my truck for the trip I haven’t had time to surf the net for info.

And I’ve got a lot of other stops along the way.

I think I found Aaron’s problem:
E548A801-BE44-4DDC-B7B3-18447D8EF7B0.jpeg

At least it is not broken at the FCS itself. I have yet to find a FCS aftermarket that works as good as the OEM (or anywhere near as good).

Worked out well and purrs like a kitten now especially after the valves were adjusted by Mark as well.
Of course that kitten may likely kill something if it doesn't get the steering box fixed ASAP.

@65swb45 can I please buy one of your rebuilt steering boxes from you as soon as you get home? I'll call you to follow up later. Thanks again for all the help.

At least it is not broken at the FCS itself. I have yet to find a FCS aftermarket that works as good as the OEM (or anywhere near as good).

Interesting. I have not known that to be a problem. I’ve only had to install about a dozen of the aftermarket ones, but have not heard of any issues with them.

Interesting. I have not known that to be a problem. I’ve only had to install about a dozen of the aftermarket ones, but have not heard of any issues with them.

Mark I would probably take mine as an off case. I tried two different ones with my old carb and could never get it to sit and idle correctly. Never figured out why.. Eventually found a completely untouched pull-off from an 86 that I sent to JimC to be rebuilt for $150 on ebay. So after that I have not messed with the old carb. My old FCS/ICS was dead as a door nail when I did my head rebuild, wires had broken right at the ICS/FCS itself from being pulled off (I assume) and the carb and run great before the rebuild. I rebuilt at that time since I had it off already and was getting done work to the head. So in all honesty it could have been multiple things.

Mark I would probably take mine as an off case. I tried two different ones with my old carb and could never get it to sit and idle correctly. Never figured out why.. Eventually found a completely untouched pull-off from an 86 that I sent to JimC to be rebuilt for $150 on ebay. So after that I have not messed with the old carb. My old FCS/ICS was dead as a door nail when I did my head rebuild, wires had broken right at the ICS/FCS itself from being pulled off (I assume) and the carb and run great before the rebuild. I rebuilt at that time since I had it off already and was getting done work to the head. So in all honesty it could have been multiple things.
Thanks for the frank follow up @gregnash. In way too many cases, the carburetor ends up being the victim, not the culprit.

I will be passing through Carson City in a few hours on my way to meet @powthief19 in Gardnerville. Lunch?

Edit: at EPL on Hwy 50 and 395 for an early lunch now (11:40)

Last edited:
Thanks for the frank follow up @gregnash. In way too many cases, the carburetor ends up being the victim, not the culprit.

I will be passing through Carson City in a few hours on my way to meet @powthief19 in Gardnerville. Lunch?

Edit: at EPL on Hwy 50 and 395 for an early lunch now (11:40)

Sorry Mark, I was actually out of town. Chris (powthief) text me to see if I wanted to meet you guys for dinner but just so happened that yesterday was annual family reunion up at the lake then first softball game of the summer league. Yesterday was definitely not my day, started out behind and just rolled all freaking day long..... Anyways, hope you have fun on your trip here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom