Carburetor Rebuilding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1987 Ford F250 that I use for the farm. It probably isn't worth much but I am having some problems getting it to run. It gets fuel but won't start. It cranks strong. If I am able to get it started it needs to have the pedal pressure to stay running, which has gotten worse over time. I suspect a carb issue and was going to rebuild it.

I was dealing with some high idle issues when it warmed up but I can't get to that point anymore, when I am able to get it to run it has no power when in gear, to the point it doesn't even want to move.

Is $250 a fair price to have someone rebuild the carb? I suppose I could do it myself, this is more for the lack of time than anything, too many other projects going on.

For those with more experience on carbs does it sound like I might be after the correct thing?

Thanks!

Yeah might be smart to find a professional carburetor Rebuilder. There's a lot of very small parts in carburetor is that I've had to replace. The needle on the seat for the float is one important thing. The float level adjustment is important pure the accelerator pump which is used for acceleration that's important there's also the Ventura used for idling it needs to be unplugged if it's plugged. I would probably toss some seafoam into the carburetor and see if it helps to clear out any varnish.

I just paid Mark Thompson $500 to rebuild a 2F FJ60 carb, so yeah, $250 seems reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom