Carburetor Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I feel your pain but my best advice would be to go back to the original carb. I did a lot of research before deciding to rebuild mine and even ordered a weber from somewhere but decided to send it back after reading what I read. Probably very difficult to go backwards for you so hopefully someone on here can give you some better advice than what I have to offer. Good luck.
thanks x 2. i will try and work through this with the help that i receive from god folks like you. rod w.

That manual is available free...for download here on this forum. click on the "Resources" button at the top of the page, then drill down on the left side under catagories...ie "toyota" then "land cruisers" then "fj60" ...then click on the FSM 2f engine manual in the center column...second one down. Then look to the upper right of that page and click "download".

The best thing I've done recently was to completely redo the intake and exhaust manifolds, gaskets, seals, threads, sealing rings etc. Its all nice and leak free and I redid the lean drop method and now I'm not stalling, starting much easier, holding a steady idle.

That manual is available free...for download here on this forum. click on the "Resources" button at the top of the page, then drill down on the left side under catagories...ie "toyota" then "land cruisers" then "fj60" ...then click on the FSM 2f engine manual in the center column...second one down. Then look to the upper right of that page and click "download".

Holy crap, I am ashamed to admit I never knew these were here. Just been grabbing from folks kind enough to post links in signatures or dropbox. Thanks for this @g-man.

these pdf's are no longer available: For Sale - 40, 50, 60, and 80 series FSM for a hell of a price. if you read his update (in red) he was forced to shut it down. Looks like the forum picked this up this summer. Many thanks to all who contributed @Onur, @cruiserpilot, @TRAIL TAILOR and to @Trollhole for contributing providing this for as long as he did. Also thanks to all working behind the scene on this site moderators, Woody or anyone else who I don't know for making this a great site. Anyone reading this who has not downloaded FSM pdf's I strongly urge you to get them.

My post above about the intake/exhaust.....my point I was trying to make is to make sure that all your bits on the intake and exhaust are sealed properly. Otherwise even a brand new carb will have problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom