Carburetor "Hat" for a snorkel set-up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am gathering parts for my FJ60, to convert it to the “canister” air intake (from a diesel FJ or Aussie petrol FJ), relocated to the right side, so later I can install a snorkel. All I need now is this piece on top of the carb.

Does anybody have a DIY solution to easily fabricate one, or do any vendors sell these?
CarbHat.jpg

i run a safari snorkel on a US air filter setup the pigs po cut the inlet snout off @ the bend and tig welded it to the otherside he used the piece he cut out to plug the original inlet it is not the most beautiful but it works

SOR has that part, about $45 012-12A-U

i run a safari snorkel on a US air filter setup the pigs po cut the inlet snout off @ the bend and tig welded it to the otherside he used the piece he cut out to plug the original inlet it is not the most beautiful but it works

This is what was done to mine as well. Mine was done by a company called cruiser connection. I havent had much luck finding any info on them but they stamped their name in the side of my air cleaner. I actually have an extra air cleaner assembly, and I am going to try and make one myself. (just to see if I can do it)

Sweet! Do you guys have a pic of the modified inlet?

Here's my solution for attaching a snorkel to FJ60 air cleaner and keep all the smog gear....Boy, I would love to have that engine bay in the first pic! No Smog gear and easy access......

Yeah, that is the Aussie's "sans emissions" stock set-up.

That is a good mod you did, I my do something like that.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom