carburetor base gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys. Just wondering if there's a local source that anyone knows of that might have a carburetor base gasket? I've checked a couple places and have had no luck and don't really want to pay for shipping (and wait for it) if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

Craig

Call CDan and see how fast he can get it to you. For a gasket, the shipping couldn't be too much. You might be surprised. I've had him get stuff to my door from New Mexico quicker than my local dealer could get a part that I would still have to go pick up.

Not sure if you are looking to stay stock all the way on your truck but I used non-hardening RTV to seal my carb. No vacuum leaks after four years.

Is it silicone? If so, I hear that can get into the fuel line.
As far as staying stock goes, I want to be stock-ish. The '68 originally came w/a 1bbl. I want that other barrel since fuel is so cheap right now. :doh: Beyond that I do want to stay pretty close to stock. That's not to say I won't entertain using alternatives on things as small as gaskets, but do want to know what the pros/cons are.

Thanks for the info.

I'm off now to search for that thread about how to properly get ahold of CDan...thanks Felix.

Craig

you'll use form a gasket number 2 - non-hardening and safe for gasoline contact

do not use RTV - John is just smoking that oregano again :)

bk

you'll use form a gasket number 2 - non-hardening and safe for gasoline contact

do not use RTV - John is just smoking that oregano again :)

bk

:D Yep, that exact Permatex product. I call all their products RTV, or as Ryan would say puckey. :smokin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom