Carburator 1979 FJ40 - rebuild or purchase new/rebuild (3 Viewers)

I am looking for a source to either purchase a new carburetor for my FJ40 (1979) - I want to replace it with orginal equipment if possible --- i do not need to up grade to a Weber Carberator as i just drive it around town --
ideas of who / where I can order a carburetor?

If de-smogged some guys have been happy with City Racer.

FWIW…..I had a desmogged 79 a few years back. The carb needed attention. Mark @65swb45 told me the 79 model was the worst carb ever put on a Landcruiser. Maybe he will weigh in here. I ended up buying a troll hole carb and was very happy but it’s not Aisan. I was not aware of the City racer at the time which is a great option if desmogged. If not one of the carb gurus on Mud can rebuild yours while improving it at the same time.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Both the 69 &79/80 carbs are less than ideal candidates for good performance on a Landcruiser. That said, I have had several customers in each category that have been happy with stock rebuilds. @SW20 comes to mind as one with your vintage.
If you don’t have to deal with emissions, I have a couple of world-market 61010 &61011 rebuilts on the shelf that are true replacement carbs, as opposed to the 61012, which is a different height.

You can leave a message at my shop to follow up. 😊

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom