carbon fiber fender flares? does anyone make them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jtwopark

live, eat, sleep Land Cruiser!!!
Threads
I know that it is kinda weird asking if such a thing as a carbon fiber fender flares exists but i have done all the google searching but have not come up with anything.

does anyone have an insight to this?

It seems that it would be possible to make a mold since i have my fenders off already...but if i don't have to make them, then i don't really want to.

I don't want to repaint the fenders either.. Just thought that it would be cool to have a subtle detail in the flares.

Why do you want carbon fiber on a 5500lb brick?

Why do you want carbon fiber on a 5500lb brick?

just so i don't have to paint them anymore! tree branches and stupid female drivers in the parking lot are taking a toll on the fender flares....I paid the body shop to repaint 3 of the four flares already!

Plus it kinda looks cool.....in my opinion.

yeah, it's always the women :rolleyes:

Get them line-x'd problem solved!

I know CF looks cool, but really it's the stiffest stuff you could make a part from....what used to be where you rubbed paint on the OE flares will now translate into blowing apart flares or at the very least ripping the mounts clean off, and these would be big $$ flares.

OE flares flex semi-decent - CF doesn't flex to a measureable degree.

If you know all that, then best wishes getting a set.

Look into vinyl wrapping, you can do it yourself with carbon fiber printed vinyl film. Plus it protects the paint.

This is why I'm playing around with the idea of using DOM tubing and metal to make my own flares. I like the function of them, but I don't like their inability to stand up to the trails they've been on.

So my thought is to try and get a way for the DOM tubing to attach to the frame. I have it worked out except for the rear doors (of course)... it would require cutting holes in the body and I'm a little concerned about making additional contact points between the body and frame that weren't designed that way... so in the end I might just give up on the idea.

Carbon fiber would not be my first choice for flares. Carbon does not deal well with impact point loads. It tends to delaminate. If you do go the carbon route, you will at least need to apply a clear coat to keep the UV from degrading the resin.

Fiberglass would be my first choice. Heavier, but tougher and not as stiff. Does much better at impact and abrasion. No cool factor thou...

Rhino line them

just so i don't have to paint them anymore! tree branches and stupid female drivers in the parking lot are taking a toll on the fender flares....I paid the body shop to repaint 3 of the four flares already!

Plus it kinda looks cool.....in my opinion.

It looks cool and might save a few pounds, but it would get old laying new ones up or shelling out big money every time they cracked. One layer would work for flare purposes, but an errant grocery cart could probably do it in.

I guess no one makes the carbon flares...couple of days into searching but no results....TT
I wonder how much someone would charge to make them for me?

Not carbon fiber, but paint them flat black and they are easy enough to touch up after trail or parking lot scrapes.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/605978-fzj80-pocket-flares-93-97-now-available.html

Flares ready to ship.jpg

Last edited:
I guess no one makes the carbon flares...couple of days into searching but no results....TT

Nobody makes them.

The closest thing was an icelander who made a snorkel out of CF.

This is an offroad site, your not going to get much help here for that sort of part.

If you were making larger flares or looking for some we could forward you a couple places.

Flares that stick out protect the body from what the tires throw.

Tires that stock out protect a bit against parking lot dents, but so do sliders and bumpers.

Someone will charge you as much as you're willing to pay. . . . . .:p

I too recommend getting them vinyl wrapped. They now have vinyl that has the CF texture pressed into it. All the look and detail of CF but a fraction of the cost. My wife and I own a sign shop so we see this kind of thing everyday.

I pulled my fenders off and threw them away as soon as i got my cruiser. Problem solved for me :flipoff2:

Buy the ones from jamisobe or Payara Off road (I think).

If you must have CF look you could get them hydo dipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom