Carbon Can vac lines on De smog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I get some advice on which vacuum lines attach to the carbon can via which solenoid .
My system seems to be working ok, but there is vacuum in the fuel tank and sometimes the carbon can buzz'z.
I live in Australia so im assuming my 60 is factory as it sits .
It has 2 electro solenoids on the wheel tub. 2 vac ports on the inlet manifold and 1 on the base of the carb.
The carbon can has 3 ports , one large and one small on the top and one large on the base .
Engine has aftermarket headers.

Thanks for any advice/Pics.

On the USA FJ60s at least, the gas cap has a one way breather valve built into it. It allows air to enter the tank but not leave (via the cap).
On this cruiser, if the gas tank is developing strong vacuum, it's because the gas cap is malfunctioning.

OSS tanks mate ill check that.
Jim ill attach some images. The Oz FSM is the same as yours, just some paragraphs are headed NSW etc which is Oz.

The carb is repop. Chinese maybe ? With only one vac port at the base, which ive connected to the dizzy. Im still working through the issues with this carb until I get a kit for the OG carb that came with the truck, then that'll go back on.

IMG20200708145803.jpg

IMG20200708145852.jpg

IMG20200708145935.jpg

IMG20200708150020.jpg

IMG20200708150039.jpg

Assumption: This is an 81-84 OZ spec FJ60.

The fuel tank has the typical vapor separator tank above it.
There is a vapor hose coming off the top of the separator, through a pressure valve, then going up front to the canister.
Small hose off canister goes to purge solenoid, then to intake manifold to be burned.

Something is preventing the tank from exhaling through the evap canister system.
Common culprits include:
Stuck pressure valve by separator (replace with a straight piece of hose, see if problem disappears).
Purge solenoid not getting power.
Purge vac hoses connect to AC solenoid, AC hoses on purge solenoid.
Stuck purge solenoid.
Plugged up canister. (disconnect parge hose on top of canister, see if problem disappears.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom