Carb vaccuum port (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering where this vacuum port on the carb base plate should be routed to? '73 F engine.

20220317_192550.jpg

Anyone know if this vacuum line routing looks correct? The yellow arrow points to the vac line that's going to distributor. If that's supposed to go to the carb base plate, then something is wrong.

20220318_083037.jpg

Anyone know if this vacuum line routing looks correct? The yellow arrow points to the vac line that's going to distributor. If that's supposed to go to the carb base plate, then something is wrong.

What distributor, as mentioned above if vacuum advance tie it into your original port

Looks like some sort of smog part. Do you have an overall pic of the engine?

View attachment 2955728
That piece that the vacuum line comes out of is a smog part. Sometimes called a VSV i think, a Variable Someting Valve or Vacuum Switching Valve or somesuch. I tossed mine in a box and ran the vacuum straight to that ported vacuum port on the carb.

I agree with pighead. You can clean that all up easily by connecting the distributor direct to that ported vacuum port on the valve cover side base of your carb then connect the choke breaker to the port on the opposite side of carb base. Cap the two coming off the manifold and toss that smog valve gizmo in a box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom