Carb Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

have you ever used him? Everything I read hear sounds like he's the man

You can PM him here on mud he is fj40jim

You can email him at fj40jim@aol.com

You can call him at 740-862-2604

have you ever used him? Everything I read hear sounds like he's the man

Better allow 3 months or so for the turn around time on the rebuild.

Yep, that why I added this statement. I have heard nothing but good things. Mine has been with him since middle of June but I know it will be right when I get it back.

Tried to locate Jim C. via PM etc. a couple of weeks ago. Didn't hear back...too bad, sounds like a good guy.

I don't know what Jim C. charges for a rebuild, but checked around and local prices for having my carb rebuilt were in the $400 range...and by unknown entities. Rebuilt units from usual Cruiser vendors were $450+. Decided to go full boat and bought a new OEM carb for $650. (price w/25% TLCA discount) Figure if it lasts another 250K mi the difference will only run me $.0001/mi.!!!

BTW: Huge improvement.

Sherpa 60 who did you go through to get a anew carb i may have to call them soon too.

Sherpa 60 who did you go through to get a anew carb i may have to call them soon too.

Champion Toyota in Texas. They offer TLCA discounts up to 25%. (800) 327-2087. Shannon (sp?) is the TLCA guy, ask for him.

For the pricey bits that I have wanted new, I have gone to these guys for over 8yrs. Aggressive pricing and no CA state taxes (more than covers shipping).

Local Toyota dealer quoted $1025 for the carb. At $650+/- on my doorstep....could be worse!

Jeez, I was just about to say that $650 for a new Jap carb is criminal. $1000 for a frockin stock carb?

Why don't you just get a Ford Taurus or something and stop moaning and groaning about the prices of parts......:rolleyes:

yea, i contacted jim a week ago, but he didn't get back to me, i think i may end up rebuilding it myself. 3 months turn around, no way...

Why don't you just get a Ford Taurus or something and stop moaning and groaning about the prices of parts......:rolleyes:

Gotta agree...the bloody thing did 270K mi!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom