Carb rebuild. Stuck plunger accel pump. 1978 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
See highlighted circled area
this plunger seems stuck

any ideas to get it out

tried wiggling and cleaner

but perhaps others have dealt with this???

Thanks

895DE35D-FD08-4BC6-9995-0A03EE39880C.jpeg

1st things 1st @eaj71 ...and I hope I’m telling you correct scoop and I think I am. That’s not your acc pump. You’ve already got that out. The acc pump was in the larger hole at the bottom of your green circle.

I think what I would do would be to put that part of the carb in a bucket of Chem Cleaner or similar & let it soak over night and then try to remove it. Looks like you have already dinged the surface a bit attempting to remove it. Try letting it soak and see if that helps.

I have a an old tercel carb where i could never get that out, it was staked. Rebuilt it a couple times and never had an issue not removing it. let us know what works in the end if you get it out.

Thanks fellas
I’ll yes I tried bumping it a bit to see if it moves. It appears to spin slightly

I’ll let you know how it goes

^^^
Prob not the end of the world if you don’t get it out, but I just looked at my pics of when I rebuilt mine 3 years ago, and I can see that I got mine out. Don’t remember any probs so I can’t help you there...except to let it soak and then try.

At least you‘re not in Ca. where you can only buy the diluted carb soaker. At the time I did mine, I had some of the old good stuff and also some of the watered down newer stuff and I could definitely tell the difference.

Wiggle
Wiggle
Wd40
Wiggle
Tap
Tap

popped out

96095B6F-4964-4CC9-BCCD-72CC935E9E06.jpeg

Good work!👍

That stopper is not (supposed to be) staked. Use a small sharp screwdriver to carve away the stake mark on the body, and file the stopper so it doesn't get stuck in the hole again.

THanks

I rebuilt this carb

it was all varnished up from sitting perhaps too long

Needle valve cleared secondary doesn’t leak now and float isnt stuck in position

hope it stays that way

Well. I hope it turns out fabulous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom