Carb question (leak) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I have a 1976 with an Aisin Carb. I notice a small amount of fuel coming from the back end of the Primary throttle shaft (float/fuel sight side). It only leaks when I give it throttle. The Shaft is held in place by a C clip. Question is...what would cause it to leak there? I don't see a seal/gasket in the manual. I have a screw driver pointing at it in the picture.
Thanks

20210321_153525.jpg

Shaft bore wallowed out?

See if Mark or Jim C. can rebush.

The cause of the fuel migration is capillary action.
When the throttle is opened, fuel is sprayed in above the throttle shaft. Fuel plates out on the butterfly & shaft. Because of the very tight clearance between shaft & bore, capillary action draws the fuel out the shaft. When the engine is driving down the road, manifold vacuum balances out the capillary effect and nothing much happens. If the throttle is operated with engine off, then fuel will be dripping off the shaft.

The cause of the fuel migration is capillary action.
When the throttle is opened, fuel is sprayed in above the throttle shaft. Fuel plates out on the butterfly & shaft. Because of the very tight clearance between shaft & bore, capillary action draws the fuel out the shaft. When the engine is driving down the road, manifold vacuum balances out the capillary effect and nothing much happens. If the throttle is operated with engine off, then fuel will be dripping off the shaft.
Yes. Only noticed while the engine is off. Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom