carb question......but a good one (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok.......so im going back to the stock 2bbl carb on my 67, the PO had put some crappy 1 bbl on it. its set up with throttle cable instead of the original linkage. i was wondering if its possible to hook up the same throttle cable to the rebuilt jim c carb. i have the actual linkage in a box, but was wondering how hard it would be to format the throttle cable instead of the actual proper linkage which has been removed :beer:

67 had a one barrel from the factory.... ;)

Making a cable linkage would not be that difficult. Modify your peddal for a cable, route it to the carb, and you are good to go...

What engine are you running....stock 67-F?

What intake manifold are you using?

the throttle cable is already on.....yes its the stock F, i have a 2f intake and the spacer already to go just waitin for the carb to arrive. so the cable will work? im stoked bout that as i didnt really feel like puttin all that linkage back on. the PO put a rochester 1 bble on it with some kinda goofy spacer made of wood of all things..........yikes

The piece of linkage on the carb is different than a rod linkage for the attachment of the cable. I have the part that the cable attaches to, which I will give you, but I am lacking the part that the cable sheath bolts to.
PM me if you need the part and I will send it out.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom