Carb or vacum Issue? Fj60 1985 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I rebuilt the carb on my 85 and now it starts like a dream. New accelerator pump, needle/seat, secondary diaphragm etc..... However, once the engine gets to working temp the engine falls on its face when under acceleration. Starts great, idles fine but once warm and under load it's no good. It did not do this before the carb o'haul. Any ideas out there?

Not a vacuum leak. Vac leaks are nastiest at idle. Carb isn't letting enough fuel flow. Take it apart and clean it better. Also check needle valve fuel strainer again.
Thanks for the reply. Off it comes....again.

Check adjustment on float while you’re in there. When you replaced the power valve did you move the jet from the old one to the new one? Did you completely disassemble the carb? Make sure the gasket for the top airhorn is right...make sure every port on the carb has a hole on the gasket that lines up. Also check the gaskets on either side of the phenolic spacer to make sure those holes line up. Just a few thoughts that pop into my head...good luck.

Update on this problem: Pulled top hat off (again) and removed jet 1 & 2. Cleaned (again) and out came a larger mouse turd sized piece of something. It would definetly plug a jet and then float around and then get sucked back in to jet opening. Been driving it for a few days and smooth acceleration on no shuttering under load. Now onto some other small fixes on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom