Carb Linkage Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a 2F in a 58-67 FJ45.
The original linkage is "push/pull" (see below) The 2F carb linkage however rotates to control the throttle with a rod that extends from the firewall to the carb.
How did you convert one to the other? I dont want to drill any holes in the firewall.

20221001_182241.jpg

Have a 2F in a 58-67 FJ45.
The original linkage is "push/pull" (see below) The 2F carb linkage however rotates to control the throttle with a rod that extends from the firewall to the carb.
How did you convert one to the other? I dont want to drill any holes in the firewall.

View attachment 3129267
Hit up @ToyotaMatt , he does a lot of work providing updated 2F linkage.

devo

- ok before your enlightened on what all is actually really possible all things FJ40 1961-1085 accelerator linkage topics 411 etc ,,...

- you have one major fundamental issue in front of you to continue to pressing forward here :

- you absolutely WILL have to make a few SURGUICAL measure 3 times cut ONLY once , fire wall penetration's

- there is SIMPLY no way around this topic so accept it or , you need to open your mind to a shop made by you Accelerator Cable set up ,

- this topic is MURKY at best and don't do any Eigeltingen on that topic ...........

in the mean time please review my specific accelerator linkage TECH T-TEN YOU TUBE channel videos posted below

please make sure u hit the RED Subscribe button , because i am only going to continue to push ever harder and dive ever deeper into anything and

everything VINTAGE TOYOTA LAND CRUISER ......... :)

enjoy

matt

Thanks for the info TMatt.
Here is a pic of firewall and carb to confirm fitment

20221002_142028.jpg

20221002_142007.jpg

Since it looks like there were several linkage options for the 2F, which set of parts would I need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom