Carb Jets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
community.webshots.com
I have a non-Emission carb on my '75 F engine. &nbsp:Does anyone know the correct jets sizes for the primary & secondry stages, that go at the bottom of the float bowl? The aftermarket kit I bought has a selection of 6 jets, ranging from #80 to #220.

Secondly, the engine has a nasty flat-spot, just after idle. My first thought was the accel. pump seals, but the problem remains even after replacing them. ???

You may have to play around with the jets a little bit as they will be different depending on the altitude you drive at and how your engine is set-up. I live at about 4500 feet above sea level and mine seems to run best with a #130 jet. As far as your hesitation have you checked to make sure your accelerator pump is really working? Make sure the pivot on the top of the carb. isn't seized up. It could be a bunch of other stuff as well, vacuum leak, low float level, timing, etc. etc. etc.

By the way where did you get a jet kit for the Aisin carbs?

Thanx for that, I'll play around a bit with them, I'm at sea-level so it might have to be slightly different.

Here in South Africa the Land Cruiser is fairly abundant. If I were to drive from my home to the office, say 15 miles, I would pass most of the range on an average day. F/HJ45's were the most popular, but now we see more FJ75 pickups. FJ45 are still easily available and fairly cheap, but rust is causing the number to dwindle. We do not get the FJ40 here, so I cut my 45 down to a 101" wheelbase and made a rear end that looks like a 40. (For a pic follow the link at the bottom, I can't get the picture uploaded here.) Still plenty of 60's,75's, 80's and 100's. Another cruiser we get is the Prado, SWB & LWB. Looks tame, but it is almost a true Cruiser underneath. (Independent Front suspension)

As cruisers are still quite common in these parts, spares are generally available, mostly from the local autoparts store. Although as the FJ45 is now long since ceased to be produced, (1985 was the year it was replaced with the FJ75), some parts now have to be bought through Toyota themselves. One benefit is that we have a Toyota factory here, so they produce parts that are locally required.

http://www.fourwheeler.co.za/members/showbrag.asp?membername=FJ4x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom