Carb ID off a 69 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I rebuilt this carb after having my recently purchased 69 cruiser redline uncontrollably on me last week. I was able to get it to calm down to 2100 rpms after wiggling the linkages (I think the secondary was stuck open).

Anyway, after rebuilding the carb and idle shutoff valve (which was rusted open), I realized the FSM shows parts of mine as a 2 barrel F and parts as a 2F. Can anyone help ID it?

The number on the body is 9G31 and the spacer seems like it's off a 3/69-9/69 2 barrel F.

( while taking pictures I saw where the hose on the Idle solenoid was suppose to go)

I appreciate any help the carb gurus can give!

Bryan

Last edited:
I guess my main question/ concern is that the mechanical linkage for the secondary butterfly doesn't get fully actuated with the primary valve opening. The secondary has the diaphragm that uses the venturi vacuum to actuate which the FSM says is how a 2F carb works. Do I have a frankencarb or did my carb get manufactured this way? My FJ has a birthday of September 1969.

Any help is appreciated!

It is my understanding that the carb date stamp would indicate it was manufactured on July 31, 1969, making it the 3/69-9/69 carb you mentioned. I too, had the same carb on my 7/69, but was steered away from a rebuid of it by Mark Algazy of Mark's off-road, to a later carb because of reliability issues. You may want to CALL him with your questions. Good luck!:steer:

That carb was the transition from the single barrel on the early 69's (which I had). As recommended, I would go with a later version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom