carb help question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help. I have had this nice trolhole carb on an 85 fj for years and all the sudden not gas in the site glass. I turn the key and idle shut off clicks. Is there a way to get gas into the carb. I replaced the fuel pump and filter. so gas is getting there. thanks It will run sometimes then just stalls and then i have push it back home.

rich

Try tapping (gently, and preferably with a non-metal mallet) on the top corner of the carb where the fuel line goes in. You may have a stuck needle or float.

I think you were correct. I disconnected the fuel line. sprayed carb cleaner. and the site glass filled. Now it is filled over the site glass but it runs well. But i am afraid it will happen again. how hard is it take the top off the carb and spray around a bit. should i set the float to have the site glass at 50 50.
thanks.

Not difficult if you keep track of where everything goes. There's lots of little bits that can go, boing!

You probably need to replace the cheap chi-comm needle and seat and may tear the gasket removing the air horn so you prolly want to buy a carb kit.

Yes, sight-glass should be in the middle or gas can spill out the vents into the venturi and flood the engine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom