Carb flooding after desmog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished my desmog and my carb is dumping huge amounts of fuel at idle now. Its leaking out of the decel vavle thing on the drivers side of carb. Its spraying fuel in both the primary and secondary at idle. It ran good prior to the desmog. I pulled the air horn and checked the float and it was within spec.
The fuel cut solenoid has the tip cut off to allow flow all the time, could this be the problem. It never was before the desmog.
I have the idle air fuel screw backed out 1 turn from closed.

It runs good while driving but idle is real bad and have lots of black smoke.

Please any suggestions, im out of ideas.

Also this is a no hac desmog, and I followed trapper50 desmog in the huge "my desmog thread"

Last edited:
Rover24

you can get the complete kit and the below link (they have help me out a lot with there Tech service)

Man-A-Fre Stock Carburetor Overhaul Kit

But after one year i had to clean the gas sistem " again" because off (the before owner had 5 years with no action to the car) and the gas lines and tank had some rust that peal and got everything durty.

the Toyota carburators are complicated to get them on the firts time, but check the injection sprew some kits have 3 options, and this second time i was not getting suficient gas in idel, did some adjustment and will have to strip it again

just rember when it is complete it will run for years

will let you know how it goes

Ive already rebuilt the carb about 4 months ago. It ran great until Friday when I did the desmog. I can see it pumping fuel out of the slanted pipes in the top of the air horn.

I've been searching threads and maybe it could be a stuck needle valve. But when I checked the float the needle valve seemed to operate smoothly

there is a window on the front of the carb. The fuel level should stay 1/2 up the window. If it's not, then the fuel level is not within spec. there is no reason to pull the air horn to check this.

The sight glass fills all the way up. That is why I checked the float. Is the needle valve the only thing that can cause this problem

Ok

If the problem is in idle, check if the solonoid has signal "electricity" (if supose works or not) becuase is not a sensore, that could go on and off on you,

also sight glass is not supose to fill all the way up only until the mark (i don't now if i am explaning my self ok)

hope confuse you..

Don't have the fuel cut solenoid hooked up, it's nothing more than a plug now. Cut the tip off a while ago when it kept sticking closed even when grounded

Ok, pulled the needle valve and cleaned it.
No more flooded carb and the desmog purrrrs like a kitten.
Runs nice and smooooooth.

Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom