carb fan. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

zuluzeugma

SILVER Star
Threads
I noticed the other day that my carb fan wasn't running after i turned the engine off. I looked under the hood to find that there was a loose wire hanging down. i got out my handy dandy book to find that the wire (that had cooked itself in two) is a wire that goes to the sensor in the manifold. no matter how hard i look i cannot find where it connects into the manifold. if someone with an FJ60 could take a pic or something it would be mad cool. thanks

On my 40 2F, the sensor is under the intake aprox. 2 inches from the carb towards the firewall. It is alot easier to find with the motor out of the rig. :D On the 40 there is also a fuse going to the fan, and the fan relay. Hope it helps.

Just went out and looked again. The sensor is on a bracket that bolts to the intake, 2 bolts, that bracket bends under the intake. I can take a picture of it if it would help.

Start at the fan motor with a jumper from the battery. If the fan works when wired direct, it ain't the fan motor. Work backwards until it doesn't work, then the thing downline from where you ran the junper is most likely the culprit. If it is the fan motor, it can probably be resurected with cleaning, oiling, getting the crap out of it, etc.
GL
Ed Long
Does the squirrel cage move freely?

the problem is not the fan at all. It worked last week fine. I can see the wire that goes to the manifold sensor is burned slap through. My problem is that i can not find the dang sensor to reconnect the wire.

the carb fan is only on the later model emissioned cruisers.

im having the same problem but all my wires look fine

Zulu,

The sensor is on the top side of the manifold, almost near the firewall--you have to lean over the carb from the driver's side and look on the far side of the air rail, almost straight down from above, to see it.

If your wire burned up, do you have a wicked exhaust leak or are you running really lean?

If you want to read up on the theory and praxis of the carb cooling fan, check out the link Bob Cooper supplied.

Let's just say I'm a carb fan fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom