Carb cooling fan motor self destruct, replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was out cruisin around in the 40, and suddenly this awful sound started coming from the engine bay, turned out one of the two magnets in the carb cooling fan motor housing had detached. And for some reason the fan was running while i was driving, probably because i had just grounded the sensor wire while waiting for a new temp sensor.
Either way, I could certainly epoxy or JB weld this magnet back in, I cant imagine why not.

But, curious if anyone has found a suitable replacement for the motor.

Thanks!

20200617_200533.jpg

20200617_200542.jpg

20200617_200545.jpg

Lots entire cooling fans on eBay From time to time. I probably have one in barn.

I seem to remember @ToyotaMatt having one for sale - good price!

I'd give epoxy a try before ordering a used motor/fan. What have you got to lose? Clean it well and make the epoxy layer thin. The clearances are not large.

I’d buy a replacement one first; that’s the most surefire way to guarantee you’ll fix the old one!

Last edited:
I’d buy a replacement one first; that’s the most surefire way to guarantee you’ll fix the old one!

I've always gone one step further is to buy a spare or two and then I'm guaranteed the original will never fail. Luckily bought most my parts before the early Land Cruisers became so popular and could find parts dirt cheap.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom