Carb cooling fan and sniper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I am eyeing the real estate occupied by the carb cooling fan for routing gas lines to the sniper. Is there benefit to keeping it for the sniper?

IMO no; fuel injection systems are not prone to vapor lock.

I was curious about that too. What about a charcoal canister? If needed can you use the one that came stock on the truck?

When are you starting your sniper install? My full kit gets here next week. Buttoning up some brakes then on to the sniper. Your avatar is a Utah plate where you located?

In Boise, I used to live in Saratoga Springs. My sniper install has started at glacial pace. Replacing the fuel tank and all lines hoses at the same time.
I will be interested in your experience, and anything else you end up needing to do to make it work well. I just installed a long range tank and replaced all soft hoses/connections ... now realize I need better hoses/connections since with sniper will be looking at 60 psi. I too was wondering about carb fan.

I left my carb fan and it cools my AFI TBI. It provides nostalgic memories of all the times it didn't prevent hot soak and vapor lock ;) To me, it seems useful to cool the manifold and keep heat away from the TBI bits any way you can.

I left my carb fan and it cools my AFI TBI. It provides nostalgic memories of all the times it didn't prevent hot soak and vapor lock ;) To me, it seems useful to cool the manifold and keep heat away from the TBI bits any way you can.
Did you just use the original temp sensor and plug in the module and it kicks on at a certain temp? I am installing the sniper but before I was going that route I did a full restore of the carb cooler. Looks beautiful and hate not to use it especially if it does some good.

Yes. The original sensor is mounted to the exh. manifold and the green wiring terminal hangs off the brake light switch harness whose other 2 connectors clip to the brake sensors on the bottom of the master cylinder. It turns on at temp XX, and runs for up to 30 minutes (usually less) as determined by the fan computer mounted under the dash.

Yes. The original sensor is mounted to the exh. manifold and the green wiring terminal hangs off the brake light switch harness whose other 2 connectors clip to the brake sensors on the bottom of the master cylinder. It turns on at temp XX, and runs for up to 30 minutes (usually less) as determined by the fan computer mounted under the dash.
Very cool! I’m going to see if mine still fits. I installed the proportioning valve when I did the rear discs so it might not fit.

The carb cooler is just old school cool and it does help protect the intake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom