Carb choices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found an 86 FJ60 that was all that the po said and more and I'll be picking it up Monday:grinpimp: .Cool. It has a Weber carb on it instead of the original. That was the only real mod made to the truck.I remember reading on posts that there are 2 sizes of these carbs available( or more?) . On the whole ,do the Webers do the job performance/economy wise or should I start shopping for a stock carb? The po says he never checked his milege so I'm just curious?
Thanks

Most generally agree that the best carb choice for a 2f is a good operating oem. Thats not to say you can't be happy w/your Weber. However overall the Weber can be finicky to adjust/keep adjusted.

I ran a Rochester on my 2f for 20+ years & was very pleased w/everything except mpg. I switched to a Jim C. rebuild oem & experienced no loss in power AND mpg increase from hiway 9-11 to 13-16 depending on my foot. No matter how I babied the Rochester I NEVER got more than 10-11 mpg. Often much worse. I expect you would experience similar results with a good working oem carb. I will add that I also switched from a Delco to an oem dizzy at the same time.

Plenty in 'Search' on Jim C. as well as your subject.

Good luck

No, the original is not a Rochester. Sorry if I was unclear. I was just giving an example that other than oem (your Weber) can run good but overall most including me, would steer you to a good rebuilt (Jim C. & others) oem carb. As good or better performance & almost always better mpg.

Thanks, John

I Ran The Rochester For A Couple Of Years Was Getting 11-15 Mpg Simi-desmoged" Gutted Air Pump " Egr Was Still In Play" Dui Dizzy And Thats With A 33" Tire And 4in. Lift ..........now I'm Running A 2bbl Holly Out Of A 87 Dodge Ram That Came With A 318cid .... I Like The Way It Pulls ....works Very Well Offroad.... Still Desmoged But Now There Is No Cat / Gutted Air Pump/ No Egr Every Thing Else Is Still Under The Hood Dui Dizzy Still Run The 33" Tires Not Watchen Mpg @this Time But Will Post Later...............john

So the original is a Rochester? I assumed it was Toyota?
Bill
The original is an Aisan carb. Same company that makes the gearbox,brake discs and a hell of a lot other parts on a cruiser.
Folklore has it that a member of the Toyoda family owns it;)

Oh and I also think the original is the best if tuned right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom