Carb + Brake Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have two issues I have been dealing with the last two weekends that I have not been able to figure out.

1. I have a F engine out of a 71 FJ40. It starts and runs but smokes the garage out and will not run without the choke being fully open. If I turn the choke off it sputters and dies. The engine sat for about six months and am curious if it is due for a carb rebuild. I have not yet checked the points but engine ran fine when pulled out of it's original 40. The smoke appears to be white...

2. I am having trouble getting the brakes bled and am curious if there are any tricks.. It has a brand new master cylinder and I can get the air out of the front brake lines but not the rear... Any suggestions...?

3. I am 95% done with a complete resto and haven't cut any corners as of yet and want to rebuild the carb whether it needs it or not (Piece of Mind mixed with OCD). I looked at the carb but couldn't find any numbers on it.. Where are they located? The only things I found was "Assam" or "Arron" I couldnt really make out what it said. Does anyone know what carb this would be. I believe it to be a factory but want to make sure before ordering the rebuild kit.... Any help is appreciated...

"Aisin" would be OEM for a carb - post a pic of the carb, people here can help you identify it - rebuilding is not that difficult; take your time and be methodical - read the FSM

brake bleeding is much easier if you have someone helping you

"Aisin" would be OEM for a carb - post a pic of the carb, people here can help you identify it - rebuilding is not that difficult; take your time and be methodical - read the FSM

brake bleeding is much easier if you have someone helping you

Actually "Aisan" would be OEM! ;)

The manufacture date of the carb will be stamped into the top airhorn next to the letters "ISO" or along the outer edge of the airhorn (in the same general area).

Those darned Idel Solenoids really screw things up if they don't work and this will not let the vehicle run unless you have your foot on the accelerator . I just re-did all of my smog vacume lines thinking it was a missplaced smog line or broken line and found out I had a short in the wire leading to the Idel Solenoid. Just my 2cents

I ran the solenoid wire to the negative battery terminal and it clicked every time I made contact so I assume it works...

Good, now see if you can make it click just by turning the key...

Where does the selenoid wire go to. The wire reaches a terminal thingamajig that says 12V . Is that where it is supposed to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom