Carb Adjustment Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was messing with my dwell and timing today and ended up increasing the idle speed of my Cruiser. It's idling at 800 rpm. I tried to reduce the idle with the "idle mixture adjusting screw" according to Haynes, but nothing happened. I can't find the screw they refer to as the "idle speed adjusting screw." In Haynes it is a long, horizontal screw near the base, but my carb doesn't have one. Which screw on these SOR photos is the idle speed screw?

http://www.sor.com/sor/catpict.tam?xax=9264&itemnum%2Ectx=042%2D01J&itemnumdesc%2Ectx=8%2F76%2D8%2F77%20Federal&page%23%2Ectx=042&catpage%2Ectx=cat042%2Etam&pagetitle1%2Ectx=Page%20042&pagetitle2%2Ectx=Carburetion&descriptionpg%2Ectx=Page%20042%20Carburetion

Don't see an idle speed adjust on that carb. I wonder, though, if you have the fast idle screw adjusted too high and it is holding things at the higher speed. IMHO 800 is no big deal anyway. I run mine high, esp in cold weather, to keep it from bogging down with all the accessories on, anyway.

The idle speed screw is in the base casting just behind the vertical coiled spring in the center of the first picture. You can just barely see its head on the left side above the primary shaft on the second picture.

Thanks Pin Head. I see which screw you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom