Car-Top-Tents for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rockrawler said:
close your legs...

jk, sorry... it was too easy to resist.:doh:

Hey, no worries! I set myself up so it's only fair that I get smacked back down....jerk :flipoff2: :D

guys this price stated is not right.

if you are intersted you can call me at 956 6450687
or email me at luisjgc@sbcglobal.net

i cannot post a discount price for members of this forum due to manufacturer restrictions but shoot me an email and i will give you the price including shipping.

I will give a special price and huge discount forum this forum members,

thank you.

All,

I received a reply from Mel and just talked to him on the phone. He has 20, er make that 19 left- I ordered one :). He said this was a special promotion that they ran and did not advertise online. It has to do with marketing since one of their largest retailers in Cabelas, and they only publish the product once a year in their catalogs.

There is only one model, the Adventurer. It sits atop a Yakima or Thule rack. It must be shipped via a freight company since it is too large for UPS/FedEx conveyor belts. He said it would be anywhere from $75-$125 to ship, depending if it went to just the freight company and uyou picked it up there, or if they delivered it. I will be the first to admit I don't know all the details about shipping via freight, but that is what I summarized.

HTH,
Cheers,
jason

I spoke to Mel as well and plunked my CC down. This is a limited time offer and will end the earlier of when the 20 units or gone or the end of the month. They are trying to get exposure for the tents so are treating it as a marketing campaign.

They understand the frustration of the dealers who are signed up but believe the exposure will benefit everyone in the long run.

Get it while you can.

Kevin

Do you know the specs on the adventurer model. The one one their website does not seem to have a name other than roof top tent. If that is it, then great.

I also did a google search on the adventurer model with no results. I would like to see some specs before I blindly send him my money.

well, guy ,now that i already know the exact price with shipping.

its about the same price i will offer to the forum ,,
either buy it direct if you can get the discount or buy it from me. its all ok. ,
its a great tent ..! and you wont be disapointed

Last edited:
letus, do you have any pictures of the inside.... like the frame? Does the ladder provide any support or can you even fold the ladder up and it'd be perfectly stable?

guys,
------------------------------im sorry but i wont be taking orders for this tent we are droping the
line efective inmediatly,-----------------------------------------------------

however i would encourage you to place the order with the manufacturer, as for that kind of money its a bargain.

HOSER, I have this other picture hope it helps. that my little princess in there

thanks to all that called and emailed.
STP60199.JPG

That tent looks huge! Your daughter could probably have a slumber party for 6 in there. Any idea what kind of changes we'll see in the next line of tents?

hoser said:
That tent looks huge! Your daughter could probably have a slumber party for 6 in there. Any idea what kind of changes we'll see in the next line of tents?

wel all i know is that theres going to be a smaller one but till sometime in 2007.

I've contacted mel as well. For those that already have or deal this tent. How is it for waterproofing, wind....? How does it attach to the rack bars?

This tent was formerly called the Mombasa. They may have changed the name but the tent is the same. I have one that I purchased used for $500. I have mostly good to say about this tent and have a brief rundown on another thread. Let me find it and I'll post the link.

letus,
Sorry to hear that your dropping the line. As you understand it this is a legit deal? Sounds like they need a little better communication and cooperation with thier reps. Maybe a kick back to the rep of the area in which the promotional sales are made...?
For those that Paid for thiers already, Im always leary of giving credit card info over the phone like this. Any issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom