Builds Car souq pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I have an H150F transmission and it looks like it holds 2.7 quarts if my internet info is correct. Any idea what the transfer case holds? Maybe just under 2? I didn't get an owners manual and I can't find anything on line.

Hello,

The transfer holds 1.7 quarts. The H150F holds 2.7 quarts.

Recommended oil is API GL-4 or GL-5 SAE 75W90.

H150F/H151F are sensitive to oil, especially when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. If you use the recommended type, shifting is smooth.

These transmissions make a click after shifting gears. Over time, the click becomes a little less noticeable but remains there. It is a feedback mechanism intended to prevent gear slipping, a common occurrence with the H55F in old age.

Early models (up to 1995) may not shift into reverse at first. Should this happen, release the clutch, wait a couple seconds, engage and try again. This is not an issue and it is documented in the owner's manual.

Juan

Hello,

The transfer holds 1.7 quarts. The H150F holds 2.7 quarts.

Recommended oil is API GL-4 or GL-5 SAE 75W90.

H150F/H151F are sensitive to oil, especially when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. If you use the recommended type, shifting is smooth.

These transmissions make a click after shifting gears. Over time, the click becomes a little less noticeable but remains there. It is a feedback mechanism intended to prevent gear slipping, a common occurrence with the H55F in old age.

Early models (up to 1995) may not shift into reverse at first. Should this happen, release the clutch, wait a couple seconds, engage and try again. This is not an issue and it is documented in the owner's manual.

Juan

That's good information. Thanks. Sounds like MT-90 75W90 GL-4 would be worth a shot if I decide to change it.

Truck is missing the jack and tools. I need to make a trip to the Riyadh wrecker yards to see if I can find replacements. Just curious though, anyone know what the circled hole is for behind the driver’s seat? I can’t seem to find anything in the parts diagram.
51264227-5210-43E5-BC8B-E42FFAD8455C.jpeg

That is one sweet original, WDE. I've never seen anything close in a 1995. It must have been kept indoors! Looks like original paint from what I can see.

I've seen quite a few truck beds but I've never seen one that had TOYOTA stamped in the forward portion.
Kinda cool.

That is one sweet original, WDE. I've never seen anything close in a 1995. It must have been kept indoors! Looks like original paint from what I can see.

Thanks. It's in very good shape to be 25 years old. Most of them are pretty beat up by now. It has some touch up here and there but overall that's the original paint and decals. The frame looks like it just came off the assembly line. It was owned by the National Gas and Industrial company. Has 268k kilometers but it must have just been used to go from point A to B and not for real work.

I've seen quite a few truck beds but I've never seen one that had TOYOTA stamped in the forward portion.
Kinda cool.

Very common over here. Agree; very cool. I want to get an additional spare and mount it in the bed. Just need to get the hardware.

Last edited:
I didn't realize it was a bed liner. Looks very nice.

Sorry; It never occurred to me that you didn't realize it was a bed liner. I should have read your post more carefully.

Sorry; It never occurred to me that you didn't realize it was a bed liner. I should have read your post more carefully.
I'm old with poor eyesight. :)

There are two separate windshield wiper switch assemblies listed for this vehicle, intermittent and non-intermittent versions. I don't have intermittent wipers. I've looked through the other parts and don't see any further optionality in the chain. For example, there is only one windshield wiper motor and, as far as I can tell, only one relay.

If I want intermittent wipers is it as simple as buying and installing the switch with the intermittent option? Seems too simple.

Last edited:
Hey WDE, I also didn't realize that that was a bedliner. I'm old, with poor eyesight, and fat to boot (but I'm workin on it!).

Did the truck come with the tan bedliner? If not or if you know, where can I get me one of those? I need one for the new 91 diesel pickup before it goes to the US!
1568888364250.png

I know I won't be able to get one of these in the US.

Mine is new but it came with the truck. Not sure where to get one but it can’t be that difficult. I see them everywhere. Here’s a pic of the label.

71A2B339-29C4-428E-BCAE-8E64150EB497.jpeg

Thanks WDE. I could not find the product on their website--unless it is identical to the one for the Hi-Lux pickup. So I filled in their contact form and mentioned your serial number to see what they say. No response as of yet. I also tried googling for bed liners here in Dubai but really did not find anything, but I've not had a lot of luck doing that in general here. The relevant businesses in the UAE often just don't have a meaningful web presence.

Thanks WDE. I could not find the product on their website--unless it is identical to the one for the Hi-Lux pickup. So I filled in their contact form and mentioned your serial number to see what they say. No response as of yet. I also tried googling for bed liners here in Dubai but really did not find anything, but I've not had a lot of luck doing that in general here. The relevant businesses in the UAE often just don't have a meaningful web presence.

Keep in mind that you will need one that accommodates the second fuel tank fill nozzle area that protrudes into the bed. My pickup only has a single tank.

Truck is missing the jack and tools. I need to make a trip to the Riyadh wrecker yards to see if I can find replacements. Just curious though, anyone know what the circled hole is for behind the driver’s seat? I can’t seem to find anything in the parts diagram. View attachment 2072691
Here's the same area of the passenger side of my RHD 1993. Looks like the factory laid soundproofing right over whatever that hole was for. From the top, you can see the dimple in the soundproofing to the left of the jack. From below, you can see the soundproofing thru the hole.

519EC2D

B-AA4B-4B17-B41E-8B65FBE92CF5
by W_burden, on Flickr

F0182AA5-A17F-4082-B1E6-A0B9546E82F3 by W_burden, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom