Builds Car souq pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Threads
Pretty sure this is my first post in the 70’s forum. I have wandered in here a time or two. This little fellow followed me home from the souq today. August 1994 FZJ75. Looking to book a place on a ship next spring....unless I’m having too much fun in the dunes.
AF119039-6E78-4118-BA19-C97B2D057A7F.jpeg
72FB94D0-30EE-42C7-B046-67ADA866D5F6.jpeg
B1E0F413-BE2F-4EFD-BDE5-09603EEFE466.jpeg
165D40DB-0FC5-46CE-A033-5541A31BDBAA.jpeg

Last edited:
Importable right now. How much do you want for it ;) ?

Appreciate the inquiry but they are too much trouble to acquire to sell.

Starting to make a parts list to fix the little things (door handle with missing knob, etc.). I did notice on ToyoDIY.com that a front winch bumper and factory winch were an option. I haven't ever visited the used car parts area in Riyadh (aka wrecker yards) but apparently they are huge. May have to explore a bit and see what I can find there.

I've been around pickups of one variety or another my entire life but I'm not sure I've ever driven anything with a rear suspension as stiff as this 75. Of course it has a 1300kg payload capacity (if I'm reading the door plate correctly).

Yeah, that's a nice truck.

Mahletzan. Sure glad you kept him.

Seriously nice bushinab you’ve grabbed there. Well done. It even has heat!

Thanks. Pretty good combination I think. Heat and A/C, power rear-view mirrors, manual windows and door locks. A lot of these 75 pickup models do not have A/C....not sure about heat. The ads never say one way or the other.

I also noticed yesterday that the radio is an AM Cassette model.....no FM. Not that I listen to the radio in Riyadh but it would have been nice back in the US. Here are the models that were available according to ToyoDIY.com:

86120-17280MATSUSHITA, ID=57201, AM/FM ETR CASSETTE (AM=9KHZ STEP) 2 SPEAKER1$2,201.14
86120-2A190MATSUSHITA, ID=57202, AM/SW1/SW2 ETR CASSETTE1$2,130.81
86120-35050MATSUSHITA, ID=57100, AM ETR CASSETTE (AM=9KHZ STEP), 2 SPEAKER1$1,819.81
86120-35080MATSUSHITA, ID=52100, AM ETR (AM=9KHZ STEP), 12V

I assume I have -35050. Who would have ever thought to build an AM Cassette radio in 1994?

put what radio you like in it. haha. just had alpine installed in 94 RJ77. but it did have a factory CD player.

I hit Riyadh tonight., so make sure its locked up.. ;) if you think the 75 is bad, try the military SWB 7 troop carrier. think my Kubota rides better.

and agree, finding one in decent shape is not easy, even for GCC countries meeting age requirement.

also look at partsouq for parts. believe warehouse is in UAE. I use them for parts shipped back home to AL. seem to be faster than most US companies.

I also noticed yesterday that the radio is an AM Cassette model.....no FM. Not that I listen to the radio in Riyadh but it would have been nice back in the US. Here are the models that were available according to ToyoDIY.com:

86120-17280MATSUSHITA, ID=57201, AM/FM ETR CASSETTE (AM=9KHZ STEP) 2 SPEAKER1$2,201.14
86120-2A190MATSUSHITA, ID=57202, AM/SW1/SW2 ETR CASSETTE1$2,130.81
86120-35050MATSUSHITA, ID=57100, AM ETR CASSETTE (AM=9KHZ STEP), 2 SPEAKER1$1,819.81
86120-35080MATSUSHITA, ID=52100, AM ETR (AM=9KHZ STEP), 12V

I assume I have -35050. Who would have ever thought to build an AM Cassette radio in 1994?

My 2018 VDJ78 had an AM radio only. Not even a cassette!

Nice PU. I drive around Alaweer here in Dubai every so often thinking about bundera's

Thanks. Pretty good combination I think. Heat and A/C, power rear-view mirrors, manual windows and door locks. A lot of these 75 pickup models do not have A/C....not sure about heat. The ads never say one way or the other.

In my searchings AC is far more common than heat in the region there. My Troopy doesn’t even have the holes in the firewall for a heater. My 40 came with the heater hole blanked from the factory.

put what radio you like in it. haha. just had alpine installed in 94 RJ77. but it did have a factory CD player.

I hit Riyadh tonight., so make sure its locked up.. ;) if you think the 75 is bad, try the military SWB 7 troop carrier. think my Kubota rides better.

and agree, finding one in decent shape is not easy, even for GCC countries meeting age requirement.

also look at partsouq for parts. believe warehouse is in UAE. I use them for parts shipped back home to AL. seem to be faster than most US companies.

Visiting or working there? Thanks for the reminder about partsouq. All I needed was a window handle and a hood prop clip....$1000 later I have a nice stash of spares.

Working here for a bit loooks like trip will be cut down from 3 weeks to maybe depart this weekend am keepimg eyes peeled for some older lc

So I have an H150F transmission and it looks like it holds 2.7 quarts if my internet info is correct. Any idea what the transfer case holds? Maybe just under 2? I didn't get an owners manual and I can't find anything on line.

So I have an H150F transmission and it looks like it holds 2.7 quarts if my internet info is correct. Any idea what the transfer case holds? Maybe just under 2? I didn't get an owners manual and I can't find anything on line.

little less than 2 quarts for the transfer case.
I recall someone saying recently that the h150f takes a certain oil type.

Thanks. I would use Redline MT-90 if I was in the US but it's $40/quart here. The car was serviced top to bottom before I bought it so I probably don't need to change anything right now. The transmission isn't shifting as nice as I would like when I downshift into 2nd. Otherwise it's very smooth up or down. Wasn't sure if changing to MT-90 would help or if it's a synchro that's the problem. I'm a neophyte when it comes to transmissions.

@mudgudgeon wrote...

They do seem to be sensitive to the type of oil used.
I've just changed the oil in a new to me '93 80 series with H151, replaced it with castrol VMX-M 75w80, friction modified for better cold shifting.
The shifting is vastly improved. It's the same grade as what Mr T specified, but slightly lighter weight, totally different feel shifting gears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom