Car seat anchor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do any models of the cruiser have car seat anchors behind the 3rd row for forward facing car seats that have a strap that goes over the top of the seat to the anchor point?

Unless things changed the Latch System is what used for car seats. Believe that started 2001 on the 100 series. Would be between the bottom and back of the middle row seats. That probably be where it would be on the middle roll seats if it had them. It a loop on either side the car clipped to directly.

Edit just looked at my 2010 Sequoia. Does have loops and just a single attachment point behind the middle row and nothing can see behind the third row seat. Long time since had grand kids in car seats.

While folding the seats down see the middle of the third seats has a loop. Not a LC but a Toyota.

Last edited:
I've been also researching this. The 100 series has them in the second row only on 2001+ models. Nothing in the third row.

Looks like the 200 series only has LATCH attachments on the 2 outer seats of the 2nd row.

xpsnrvspcyyxdtsgqfa8.jpg

My 2004 has 3 anchor points behind the 3rd rom on the floor but I’m pretty certain none on the third row. I need to put on child seat in the third row but unsure I safely can now if it’s forward facing.

My 2004 has 3 anchor points behind the 3rd rom on the floor but I’m pretty certain none on the third row. I need to put on child seat in the third row but unsure I safely can now if it’s forward facing.

Times sure have changed. I used to ride in the hatch of my grandmothers Corolla on schnebly hill road in Sedona when I was a kid...just rolled around back there laughing my ass off :hillbilly:

Times sure have changed. I used to ride in the hatch of my grandmothers Corolla on schnebly hill road in Sedona when I was a kid...just rolled around back there laughing my ass off :hillbilly:

Yep.. until insurance comes back after you’re in a car wreck and says they won’t cover something due to negligence.. no thanks!!

Definitely no top tether anchors in the third row. There are tie down loops on each side, but they would not line up exactly. Also, they are smaller bolts than the top tether anchors for the second row.

My 2004 only had LATCH anchors in the middle and driver side seats in the second row. Does the third row have LATCH anchors?

Definitely no top tether anchors in the third row. There are tie down loops on each side, but they would not line up exactly. Also, they are smaller bolts than the top tether anchors for the second row.

My 2004 only had LATCH anchors in the middle and driver side seats in the second row. Does the third row have LATCH anchors?

No latch anchors in the third row but you can use the seat belt for installation, no anchor though so if you get in an accident the car seat can tip forward.

No latch anchors in the third row but you can use the seat belt for installation, no anchor though so if you get in an accident the car seat can tip forward.

Gotcha.

I used the seatbelt for Graham's car seat in the passenger side 2nd row seat for a while. Seatbelts are just as good as LATCH anchors in the newer car seats.

Yep.. until insurance comes back after you’re in a car wreck and says they won’t cover something due to negligence.. no thanks!!

I don’t think insurance coverage concerns would dictate wether or not I would put my kids in the trunk of a car, I think we have all come a long way in the last 30 plus years. Just a different time✌️😬

We have used the loop tie downs behind the third row for years. It's a little of center but still works.

We have used the loop tie downs behind the third row for years. It's a little of center but still works.

This is what I sort of did with the 80 with kid seats in the middle row. I looped some strap around the seat latch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom