car cover recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought a Coverking brand car cover. It is a 3 layer cover and works great but expensive. :)

Just coat it in Mud....works for Hippos to block UV...why not 80s?

here's mine -- love it -- make sure to get the ear-flaps for the mirrors --

e

LinkPhoto

Hey Eric,

why should you get the ear-flaps. After parking you just press the small button next to the mirror buttons and the mirrors fold automatically close to the car. No need for ear-flaps. :cheers:

Mike

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=6202;start=msg66088#msg66088 date=1069422056]
Hey Eric,

why should you get the ear-flaps. After parking you just press the small button next to the mirror buttons and the mirrors fold automatically close to the car. No need for ear-flaps. :cheers:

Mike
[/quote]

I think you're referring to your RAV-4, Mike -- we didn't get 80s like that over here -- :slap:

:D

Eric,

now I know why the Landcruisers are so cheap in the US. Because you have nothing inside. This button is here a absolut must when you want to pass other cars in narrow streets. I just press the button the mirrors fold and I can pass in mm the other car or wall. After passing I press again and the mirrors go back in the old position. :cheers:

Mike

funny thing.. my Isuzu Bighorn (Trooper) has the padded bull-bar and retractable mirrors...

Car Cover? WTF, its a truck, :flipoff2: if you are concerned with the sun, tint and get a dash pad. Unless the thing is going to sit for extended periods or you have nasty crap falling on it (park elsewhere) I would think its going to be a bigger target in the mall parking lot.

At first, I read this thread and saw AsiaRider's post. Then I realized it this was from 2003. Anybody ever hear from that Mike? He seems to have disappeared after the Tsunami disaster last year. :frown:

As for car covers, www.calcarcover.com makes custom car covers for people with bull bars, top mounted lighting, rear spare tire carriers, spoilers or what have you.

I had no problems when I was in Seattle keeping a vehicle outside without a cover. But in SoCal it seems like my car will melt without one... Seriously though, those UV rays like to eat a car's finish and interior it seems.. I've seen many a vehicle with sun damage and fading... Something I don't want for my FZJ80.. What can I say.. it' the Pink Panties...

speyrod said:
Car Cover? WTF, its a truck, :flipoff2: if you are concerned with the sun, tint and get a dash pad. Unless the thing is going to sit for extended periods or you have nasty crap falling on it (park elsewhere) I would think its going to be a bigger target in the mall parking lot.

Hey why not cover your Cruiser? I just bought one last night and plan on keeping it at least 10 years maybe more. Why not protect the truck's finish? It only makes sense.

SS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom