1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car cover recommendations

Discussion in 'Camping & Outdoor Gear' started by drenwick, Oct 11, 2003.

1. drenwick

drenwick

Anyone have recommendation on a particular brand of car cover? Any experience with this place?
    http://www.bigskycarcover.com/

2. FJ809496TLC

FJ809496TLC 80 series addict GOLD Star

I bought a Coverking brand car cover. It is a 3 layer cover and works great but expensive. :)

3. DanKunz

DanKunz SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Just coat it in Mud....works for Hippos to block UV...why not 80s?

4. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

here's mine -- love it -- make sure to get the ear-flaps for the mirrors --

e

[​IMG]

5. Asiarider

Asiarider

Hey Eric,

why should you get the ear-flaps. After parking you just press the small button next to the mirror buttons and the mirrors fold automatically close to the car. No need for ear-flaps. :cheers:

Mike

6. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=6202;start=msg66088#msg66088 date=1069422056]
    Hey Eric,

why should you get the ear-flaps. After parking you just press the small button next to the mirror buttons and the mirrors fold automatically close to the car. No need for ear-flaps. :cheers:

Mike
    [/quote]

I think you're referring to your RAV-4, Mike -- we didn't get 80s like that over here -- :slap:

:D

7. Asiarider

Asiarider

Eric,

now I know why the Landcruisers are so cheap in the US. Because you have nothing inside. This button is here a absolut must when you want to pass other cars in narrow streets. I just press the button the mirrors fold and I can pass in mm the other car or wall. After passing I press again and the mirrors go back in the old position. :cheers:

Mike

8. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

We didn't get nerf-padded bull-bars either... :(

9. elum

elum

funny thing.. my Isuzu Bighorn (Trooper) has the padded bull-bar and retractable mirrors...

10. speyrod

speyrod

Car Cover? WTF, its a truck, :flipoff2: if you are concerned with the sun, tint and get a dash pad. Unless the thing is going to sit for extended periods or you have nasty crap falling on it (park elsewhere) I would think its going to be a bigger target in the mall parking lot.

11. hoser

hoser SILVER Star

At first, I read this thread and saw AsiaRider's post. Then I realized it this was from 2003. Anybody ever hear from that Mike? He seems to have disappeared after the Tsunami disaster last year. :frown:

As for car covers, www.calcarcover.com makes custom car covers for people with bull bars, top mounted lighting, rear spare tire carriers, spoilers or what have you.

12. elum

elum

I had no problems when I was in Seattle keeping a vehicle outside without a cover. But in SoCal it seems like my car will melt without one... Seriously though, those UV rays like to eat a car's finish and interior it seems.. I've seen many a vehicle with sun damage and fading... Something I don't want for my FZJ80.. What can I say.. it' the Pink Panties...

13. Grouseman

Grouseman

Hey why not cover your Cruiser? I just bought one last night and plan on keeping it at least 10 years maybe more. Why not protect the truck's finish? It only makes sense.

SS