car cover for my fj40 with hardtop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a cover I bought from Spector Offroad. They're not exactly cheap, but are made from a 4-ply polypropylene fabric called Evolution 4 which is both waterproof and breathable; very important for a Cruiser! I've got a nylon cover for my other car, which is ok for keeping off birdsh*t, treesap, and dust. But it's a real pain when it rains. You end up with a soggy cover on your car which you have to hang up to dry. Haven't figured out what to do when I go out of town. ???

[quote author=paulj link=board=1;threadid=8672;start=msg74570#msg74570 date=1071169806]
I have a cover I bought from Spector Offroad. They're not exactly cheap, but are made from a 4-ply polypropylene fabric called Evolution 4 which is both waterproof and breathable; very important for a Cruiser! I've got a nylon cover for my other car, which is ok for keeping off birdsh*t, treesap, and dust. But it's a real pain when it rains. You end up with a soggy cover on your car which you have to hang up to dry. Haven't figured out what to do when I go out of town. ???
[/quote]

Had that same spector cover, didn't last two years in the Fla sun. Just built a large carport to protect my toys, best thing I ever did.

Don't use car covers for a mid size SUV (Explorer, Blazer S-10, etc) as they are not tall enough for a 40 and too long unless you have a rear bumper rack.

BTW, car covers sized for a Yukon is tall enough and about right for a 60 or a troopie.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom