car cover for my fj40 with hardtop

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by mustardfj40, Dec 11, 2003.

1. mustardfj40

mustardfj40

Hi,

What do you use to cover your fj40 with hardtop on? Can the Jeep tj, cj, yj cover fit my 40?

Thanks.

/td

2. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    I use a full size Chevy SUV cover. It works really well, I can even tie it tight on the bottom if da wind is blowin'....and they're cheap.

3. paulj

paulj

I have a cover I bought from Spector Offroad. They're not exactly cheap, but are made from a 4-ply polypropylene fabric called Evolution 4 which is both waterproof and breathable; very important for a Cruiser! I've got a nylon cover for my other car, which is ok for keeping off birdsh*t, treesap, and dust. But it's a real pain when it rains. You end up with a soggy cover on your car which you have to hang up to dry. Haven't figured out what to do when I go out of town. ???

4. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=paulj link=board=1;threadid=8672;start=msg74570#msg74570 date=1071169806]
    I have a cover I bought from Spector Offroad. They're not exactly cheap, but are made from a 4-ply polypropylene fabric called Evolution 4 which is both waterproof and breathable; very important for a Cruiser! I've got a nylon cover for my other car, which is ok for keeping off birdsh*t, treesap, and dust. But it's a real pain when it rains. You end up with a soggy cover on your car which you have to hang up to dry. Haven't figured out what to do when I go out of town. ???
    [/quote]

Had that same spector cover, didn't last two years in the Fla sun. Just built a large carport to protect my toys, best thing I ever did.

5. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Thick layer of hardened GA clay is hard to beat... :D
    Who needs bedliner?

6. beanz2

beanz2 Moderator

Don't use car covers for a mid size SUV (Explorer, Blazer S-10, etc) as they are not tall enough for a 40 and too long unless you have a rear bumper rack.

BTW, car covers sized for a Yukon is tall enough and about right for a 60 or a troopie.

Dave

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.