Capped port? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone educate me on where this capped port is supposed to connect? I have an 4/77 40 that still has all the emissions equipment installed. I’m replacing all my vacuum lines and in looking through my manual I realized this port had incorrectly been attached to my TP diaphragm. I’ve corrected that but now don’t know what to do besides cap it. Thanks.
70B76123-611A-4435-A7C4-4243DBBC27B9.jpeg

My 2/77 doesn't have one there:
Zeb carb front.JPG

Is yours a California version?

Can anyone educate me on where this capped port is supposed to connect? I have an 4/77 40 that still has all the emissions equipment installed. I’m replacing all my vacuum lines and in looking through my manual I realized this port had incorrectly been attached to my TP diaphragm. I’ve corrected that but now don’t know what to do besides cap it. Thanks.View attachment 2575991
I believe the port on the top of your rare high altitude carb is an air bleed for the HAC function. Need to find the emission diagram for the 1977 High Altitude model. Note, if you are at a low altitude, it could be capped.

DING DING DING - you are correct, Sir!
IMG_0601.JPG

That diagram looks very, very familiar.....my '77 engine bay with a high altitude carb, albeit a few years ago.

DSC04573.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom