Cape Lookout trip this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a spur of the moment idea, but I just found out that Cape Lookout is open this weekend. Anyone down for a trip? I literally just found out they are open, so I haven't done ANY planning as of yet. Ferry reservations would need to be made. I get off work early tomorrow, so could leave tomorrow afternoon or early Saturday morning. I would return on Sunday afternoon. I would be leaving out of Raleigh.

You in your Land Cruiser and me in my Land Cruiser = social distancing. Can't imagine COVID does well in the salty wind.

Reactions: AJR
I ain't going nowhere.

Yes this has, and will continue to **** up the economy and the stock market (different things), but that is just the way it is. If we all do our bit, then the damage period will be brief -a few months- then we can get back to life as normal. If some of us decide we’re immortal, don’t give a s***, or think this is a Democrat or Chinese hoax and go around propagating this s***, the hole will get very deep and very wide.
Suck it up. Stay put. Keep to yourself and help end it.

Yeah, the purpose of this post was not to debate the merits of staying in nor was I soliciting feedback on what I should do with my weekend. If I stay home, I will leave my house once to twice a day to go purchase food or go to the grocery store. I will also be staying in an apartment building with over 300 people that regularly spread their germs on surfaces such a elevators and door handles. Had I gone to the beach or the mountains, I would likely have had less contact and interaction with humans and germs, making me less likely to catch or spread anything. I believe in containing this thing as much as the next guy, but I can also use my common sense and take precautions. Many of you have wive's, families, yards, and shops to work in. Me, I'm by myself in a one bedroom apartment. Thanks for everyone's input.

We are all stir crazy, getting outside is surely good for your well being on many levels. Yet, I’m sitting on the coast, police tape is being put up at beach access points in WB, CB, Surf City and KB, saying local PD will be policing the strand. At the CB town meeting, they discussed closing the Snow’s cut bridge to the island out here, eventually tabling that idea for now.

I’m just getting out with my dogs everyday, can’t get arrested for that, I hope...:rolleyes:

We are all stir crazy, getting outside is surely good for your well being on many levels. Yet, I’m sitting on the coast, police tape is being put up at beach access points in WB, CB, Surf City and KB, saying local PD will be policing the strand. At the CB town meeting, they discussed closing the Snow’s cut bridge to the island out here, eventually tabling that idea for now.

I’m just getting out with my dogs everyday, can’t get arrested for that, I hope...:rolleyes:

A friend of mine at the beach told me he thought I would have a hard time getting to the ferry. I checked the ferry & the calendar wasn't showing any availability. I pretty much scrapped the idea. Considered Linville Gorge, but it's supposed to rain all weekend. And with the pollen so bad, I'll probably stay in this weekend so my sinuses don't kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom