Can't program replacement remote for 97 LX450 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think my remote is sensitive to barometric pressure. No rhyme or reason. Good days and bad...

Ha, there is some truth to that. I love this truck, but sometimes the 20 years of age makes me shake my head. Too bad I love it too much to trade it out for something newer.

I actually looked @ the alarm ECU today & the last 3 of the FCC are -129:doh:. Now I'm lost because the keyless remote people told me I need -013 but isn't the remote fob FCC & the alarm ECU FCC number supposed to be the same???? I can't find any remotes that end w/ -129.

I have an 98 LX450, and am searching for a solution as well. The FCC ID I have is referenced here:

I actually looked @ the alarm ECU today & the last 3 of the FCC are -129:doh:. Now I'm lost because the keyless remote people told me I need -013 but isn't the remote fob FCC & the alarm ECU FCC number supposed to be the same???? I can't find any remotes that end w/ -129.

I have an LX450, need a new fob. Here's a bit more info on what the FCC ID means: FCC ID BAB237000-129 Vehicle Alarm System Receiver by Fujitsu Ten Limited

FOR 1996 LX450

I first did the sequence to clear all remotes.

Fyi The programming worked but I thought for sure it didn't. I even called them to complain. I went back and tried it again and they work. Make sure you pull the key out of the ignition before you test. You know it should work when you hear a click from the box under the seat when you hold down the lock button in the programming.

The remote has 4 buttons but only one will work. I used the lock button. Clicking it once locks and clicking it again unlocks.

I bought 2 remotes at amazon:
QualityKeylessPlus TWO Replacement Clone Remote Keyless Entry Key Fob for Lexus FCC ID BAB237131-032

This thread reminded me to try and reprogram on my LX again. And I finally got it to work!

What I did was first erase all keys.

When programming, I found I was previously holding the button on the box too long, held it until it flashed red. however, when I held it ONLY until it was solid red, hit the button on the remote, removed key, shut door, then it worked! It is almost like I'm in modern times using a button to unlock this truck now. So amaze.

This is the one I bought: Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote for Toyota RS3000 1990-1997

OEM Remote didn't work, either

I received the brand new Lexus OEM Remote today (Toyota Part# 08191-60820). Tried all of the usual programming procedures, and it's still not working.

So I think this marks the end of my frustrating journey. I will happily unlock the doors the old fashioned way.

Does anyone want to buy the OEM Remote from me, before I put it on eBay? $50 including shipping.
Did you get rid of this or is it still for sale?

Bump
I just came from the dealer. They swore toyota 08191-00930 would work. It won't program. I got my hopes up when I saw a durable modern remote.

My hope was to find a newer remote for all of us with 80's on Mud.

Any help is much appreciated

Fcc ending in -056

Screenshot_20200522-162709.png

Last edited:
Bumping this one again. Purchased remote off of here Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote for Toyota RS3000 1990-1997

Followed the thread and can’t get it to program. for my 97 LC. I get solid red light and release green button and quickly push button on remote. Remote light actually flashes but nothing flashes on the truck. I have done the close the door, disconnect battery, etc. My one original remote works fine still. Curious if anyone else has seen this?

Bumping this one again. Purchased remote off of here Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote for Toyota RS3000 1990-1997

Followed the thread and can’t get it to program. for my 97 LC. I get solid red light and release green button and quickly push button on remote. Remote light actually flashes but nothing flashes on the truck. I have done the close the door, disconnect battery, etc. My one original remote works fine still. Curious if anyone else has seen this?
The RS3000 system can only "remember" 3 remotes. If you're trying the same steps with no result, then try clearing out the memory of the RS3000 and then try to program the remote.
The RS3000 manual is here:

I'm in communication with the dealer, super good parts guy. He gave me the wrong remote so...... I'm still searching for an updated version of possible.

I'll report back with any new info I get. Would we all love a shiny new modern durable remote for our 80's.

No FCC I’d on the outside of the new remote would it Possibly inside the remote? Had several exchanges with vendor on this who indicated it was the correct one.

No FCC I’d on the outside of the new remote would it Possibly inside the remote? Had several exchanges with vendor on this who indicated it was the correct one.
I have no idea regarding your new remote, but it should have a matching FCC ID# to your old remote. That number specifies the manufacturer as well as operating frequency range, and that is is certified for use within the US, bla, bla, bla.
Since the FOB is just an RF TX and the base unit is just an RF RX, the frequencies used must match.

Last edited:
figured I’d bump this thread instead of making a new one for now.

I have a 97 LX450 with the VIP RS3000. I bought a remote, but am having trouble clearing the codes and programming.
I’ve found the instructions and try to press the green button for 3 seconds and then immediately for another 2+ to clear codes. I can get the security light to turn on with the initial press, but nothing I do gets a response for the second press.

Any ideas on why my unit won’t give me feedback for clearing codes, nor

Hi all,

Just achieved success programming two new fobs. My 97 LX450 FCC ID ends in -129, but it works with remotes that end in -022, but not all in my experience.

These are the ones I bought and they programmed first try:

KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob Replacement for Toyota RS3000 BAB237131-022 (Pack of 2) Amazon product ASIN B018415IIU

As another option I bought a fob off eBay that looks identical and ends in -022 (and the ad claims it works with -129 marked ECUs) and it did not work. So I have three fobs marked -022 but only two work. I was going to return the last one, but I'd share it with a mud member for cheap.

Update: I spoke with company that sold me -022 fob that didn't work and they pointed me to this fob instead:

Last edited:
Well I guess I’m late 😂 anyways has anyone found a key fob that will work with the FFC ID BAB237000-129 RS3000 security system?????, been looking for the longest

Wrong one, this one works w/ one button to lock/unlock.
PT398-07101
View attachment 2898784
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you mean that there is one button which is used to both lock and unlock, or that each function has its own button? My generic eBay remote has only button, which is irritating because I'm always cycling the locks and I feel like I'm putting undue wear on them. I'd like to have a remote with two separate buttons, one for lock and one for unlock.
Thanks for posting up the picture with the remote.

I have the same remote for my 1997 80 series just a slightly different part number.

Yes the top button works for lock and unlock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom